SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 918
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Pardon my ignorance, but was the arena not full?

Was about 50-60% full. The upper deck was basically empty.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but was the arena not full?

Was about 50-60% full. The upper deck was basically empty.

More like 65-70% full

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot
... It would be fun to see Schmidt and his daughter hauled downtown to be arraigned even if the charges wouldn't stick. Might give them pause for the next time. Or embolden them...one of the two. Ass-hats!! Mad

I don't know.

Not too far from me telling a phone survey what a great president Biden would make, the biggest problem with California are all the democrats in charge who are taking away my 2A rights to include not making "shall issue" the law and, how the wall shouldn't cost so much because of the abundance of cheap labor at Home Depot parking lots in San Yasidro and El Centro which have the bonus advantage of not requiring ANY benefits.

Responses on other end can be entertaining. Big Grin

Of course these dimwits, to include their leader AOC, just let that cat out of bag. Had she and others only kept their mouths shut but; like most teenagers with undeveloped minds incapable of critical thinking, they just set Trump's team on the path to fix the glitch.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
...and, how the wall shouldn't cost so much because of the abundance of cheap labor at Home Depot parking lots...
I haven't personally checked the numbers, but I've heard/read that President Trump's wall has COST LESS than the cost of developing Ozippy's WEBSITE for KenyanCare. Can you imagine that? A wall, thousands of miles long, to secure the border of this country cost LESS than a friggin' website! Was that a government operation or what? (to quote the late Gene Kranz)

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Did you hear his West Point ramp/water story? Big Grin

He's at his best when he's speaking off the cuff.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I haven't personally checked the numbers, but I've heard/read that President Trump's wall has COST LESS than the cost of developing Ozippy's WEBSITE for KenyanCare. Can you imagine that? A wall, thousands of miles long, to secure the border of this country cost LESS than a friggin' website! Was that a government operation or what? (to quote the late Gene Kranz)

The government continually overestimates and overpays for just about everything. I'm not sure if it's pure incompetence in understanding costs, or grift/patronage siphoning off money. Probably both. How do lawyers with no experience building anything know what it takes/costs?

Trump is a developer and construction guy, he has some idea what it costs to build things, and he knows how to negotiate a contract.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A packed arena?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...a9c03&recip=26773771

"President Trump kicked off his re-election campaign on Saturday with a packed arena in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The president let loose on Joe Biden, the left-wing mob, and some of the more recent lies spouted by the liberal media."

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Of course these dimwits, to include their leader AOC, just let that cat out of bag. Had she and others only kept their mouths shut but; like most teenagers with undeveloped minds incapable of critical thinking, they just set Trump's team on the path to fix the glitch.[/QUOTE]

He should come out publicly thanking AOC for bringing this problem to his attention Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Ugg. I fell for the hype. I bought into the marketing emails.

I just sent $35 bucks to the Trump campaign for this hat Smile

I think it's cool!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A packed arena?

"President Trump kicked off his re-election rcampaign on Saturday with a packed arena in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The president let loose on Joe Biden, the left-wing mob, and some of the more recent lies spouted by the liberal media."
. Tulsa fire dept. said the attendance was 6200.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All this crap about a "sparse crowd", which the news media is mastubating over today- ignore it. Tickets were scooped up by people who just wanted to take the tickets in order to deny those tickets to people who really wanted to attend. They had no intention of attending and most weren't even in Oklahoma or the surrounding states.
On top of that, do you think perhaps that people were reluctant to go because the the leftist press and city, state and Federal governments have scared the shit out of people so badly with this fake virus shit, that they don't want to leave their own homes?

Next rally will be different, and the next time you hear that over a million people have requested tickets for a Trump rally, you'll know what that really means.

Ain't gonna happen again. I cannot imagine the Trump campaign not changing the ticket procedure for future rallies. Like the old saying goes, 'fool me once...'

Besides, there's another old saying- 'He who laughs last, laughs best' and come this November, we're going to have the best laugh ever.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Was about 50-60% full. The upper deck was basically empty.[/QUOTE]

More like 65-70% full[/QUOTE]

Look like 6200 out of 19000 seats. 33% or so. For many reasons it seems. The tik tok tickets being a major one. I'm sure they will do it a different way next time.
https://www.politico.com/news/...ly-attendance-331556

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Propaganda is at an all time high. It really is. Don't obsess about numbers of attendees at a Trump rally. Did leftists send fake RSVP's? Most likely. Was the rally a failure? What are we comparing it too? What is the benchmark? A Biden rally?

I understand that there is a segment of the populace that does still not feel comfortable going to a large gathering. That does not mean they support the democrats when they decide not to go to a Trump rally. Look at the numbers of online viewers. It was astronomical. (HINT: those viewers were not teenagers "fighting the man" for AOC on a Saturday night...when I was a teenager I had LOTS of better things to so on a Saturday night than evaluate political candidates and join an online hit campaign.....).

Add to that the fact that rallies are general admission. Meaning if a ticket holder does not show up the next person in line gets the seat. So AOC's Tic Tock Toddlers didn't do shit.

If anything helped "suppress" the attendance at the rally it was the threat of violence from leftists.

I would love to attend a rally, but the safety part of me would rather smoke ribs, drink a Natty, and watch it on TV, all from the comfort of my home...and buy a hat Wink

Will the Commie Cold stop me from in-person voting? Nope. The tyrants could put an infected person at the door coughing in voters faces and I would smile, accept my ballot, go to the booth to put my pen to paper. I've faced worse.

It will be a tough election. Trump needs to get down to the brass tacks: immigration, law and order, and economic prosperity. These are winning subjects. This country had that in spades the first three years of his presidency. Through no fault of his, and with a healthy shove from the leftist media, the last few months have been brutal.

Stay the course and stop watching "the news".

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Para, they are at the point of desperation that they are relying on childish games to try and embarrass him. I'm sure the media is gleefully showing the half empty arena, but doubt any are explaining how that happened. You are right that won't happen again. Feel bad for the people who really want to see him because I have a feeling the overflow is going to be packed too.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
A packed arena?

"President Trump kicked off his re-election campaign on Saturday with a packed arena in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The president let loose on Joe Biden, the left-wing mob, and some of the more recent lies spouted by the liberal media."

Squirrel!....

Posts: 1811 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
The point of my post was that I don't expect fake conservative news and don't like it. Of course I expect it from the usual sources, but when I read it in the Townhall, I was surprised.

I understand about the scooping up of tickets false buyers. Yes, let's get back to real attendees next time!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen comments elsewhere that the rally was general admission and that they don't really check the tickets or scan the barcodes, so everyone who showed up had a chance to get in, and the lack of tickets "hoarded" by commies didn't really stop anyone from going.

Not sure about everyone else, but I would have assumed that a ticketed event to see the President of the United States, with Secret Service managing security, would require barcoded tickets scanned and associated with ID - like when you go through airport security. I would certainly not show up without a ticket and assume I can just walk in.

Next time they need a reservation fee, perhaps refundable when you get scanned in at the door, or unique gov't ID (DL number?) per transaction, with a ticket quantity limit.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I think Bill Kristol needs a comprehensive IRS audit. How did he ever take being conservative long enough to make that money?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an amazing and idiotic thing for Kristol to say.

He prefers nonelected career civil servants running the country versus an elected President

What a disaster that would be. People running the country w zero accountability to voters

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Trump is one of the best story tellers I’ve ever heard. That was more like a comedy special!

I lost it when Trump threw the glass of water off the stage.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post