SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 918
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Now this is interesting. Just heard that the governor has instituted a curfew from 8pm to 5am for the next 7 days.

For the whole damn state?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yep

rioting in Phoenix so everything is curfewed...

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What kind of an asshole you got running that state anyhow? Seriously.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Probably just the same as we have ruining, er ah, running Virginia.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Governors are gettin' uppity.

Creating an order is one thing, enforcing an order is a whole other animal.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Trump says he will designate Antifa as a terrorist organization

By Mark Moore
May 31, 2020 | 1:10pm | Updated
Enlarge Image

President Trump said on Sunday the government will designate Antifa — the far-left extremist group his administration says is carrying out violence during the nationwide George Floyd protests — as a “terrorist” organization.

“The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization,” the president said on Twitter.

The designation could put Antifa — short for anti-fascist — under the domestic terror label laid out in the 2001 USA Patriot Act, which allows federal law enforcement agencies to target the entire organization.

However there is no law on the books specifically against providing support to domestic terrorist organizations — unlike foreign terror groups.

Shortly after Trump’s tweet, Attorney General William Barr released a statement saying “violent radical elements” are hijacking legitimate protests to “pursue their own separate, violent, and extremist agenda.”

He said federal resources will be coordinated with state and local officials through the existing network of 56 regional FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces to apprehend and charge “the violent radical agitators.”

“The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly,” Barr said.

In another Tweet, Trump praised the National Guard for the “great job” they did in Minneapolis on Saturday.

“The ANTIFA led anarchists, among others, were shut down quickly. Should have been done by Mayor on first night and there would have been no trouble!” Trump tweeted.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz ordered the deployment of the National Guard on Saturday to end the “wanton destruction” caused in Minneapolis during the protests that he blamed on instigators from outside the state — like drug cartels to white supremacists.

National security adviser Robert O’Brien also singled out Antifa for the carnage during the Floyd protests on Sunday.

O’Brien said on ABC News’ “This Week” that the president believes people have a right to protest but not to burn down businesses and loot stores.

“The president’s outraged by that. And we all are. And that has to stop. And we’re calling on the FBI to investigate Antifa and get to the bottom of these violent rioters. And I don’t want them confused with peaceful protesters that have every right to go out to the streets. That’s what makes America different from any other countries around the world,” O’Brien said.

He added that the “Antifa radical militants” come out “under cover of night, traveling across state lines, using military-style tactics to burn down our cities. And they’re especially targeting the most venerable parts of our cities. The minority section, the African-American sections and Hispanic areas and burning down businesses of people that are trying to get a leg up.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/...d-a-terrorist-group/

==========
I personally believe President Trump needs to launch a MAJOR investigation against Soros. Bring that sunuvabitch down for J-walking...

On a side note, and speaking of Minneapolis:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine just reported to me that Trump apparently had a conference call with a group of governors and basically berated all of them as “weak” Big Grin

He gave me a synopsis of what Trump was telling them, these apparently were his words:

You have to take back the streets!

You have to arrest people and put them in jail for ten years!

You have to dominate! If you don’t they will run you over. You’re fools!

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We're not discussing that nonsense. Not at all. Please refrain from posting anything about that idiotic crap. I thought I had made that clear.

If you want to discuss that stupid shit, you'll need to do it in some other forum.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We're not discussing that nonsense. Not at all. Please refrain from posting anything about that idiotic crap. I thought I had made that clear.

If you want to discuss that stupid shit, you'll need to do it in some other forum.

Para, I'm not sure if this falls within your guideline on the topic, I have no intent to ignore you. I'd like to add something about the AZ governor's curfew.

By the AZ constitution, the AZ DPS is not a 'state police' as in other states. The AZ DPS cannot take over a situation unless requested by another law enforcement agency or ordered by the governor.

By the governor ordering a curfew, he can utilize AZ DPS to restore order. The state capital and numerous surrounding state buildings fall under AZ DPS authority. Those buildings are very close to where the protests/riots have been taking place. AZ DPS would not be under Phoenix PD command.

It would also allow for the AZNG to be activated to supplement the AZ DPS as needed. The democrat mayor(s) would have nothing to say about it.

This has occurred a number of times in AZ history where the governor (democrat and republican) takes steps to do what the local government cannot accomplish by itself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can mention the curfew, but when we get into specifics of the actions of these ungrateful, clueless, America-hating, spoiled brats, that's where we have a problem. The same goes for what any news asshole, clueless celebrity or leftist politician says about this nonsense.

They were looking for an excuse to burn down their own neighborhoods and now they have it. Same shit, different day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ah. Roger, roger.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
President Trump's speech today.

https://whitehouse.us19.list-m...fd14184&e=3dd5ef969f

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a Leader- Trump walking to the church they burned last night:
quote:
I almost can’t believe what I’m seeing. POTUS just walked out the front door of the White House and into Lafayette Square - the epicenter of the DC protests - to visit historic St. John’s Church, which was set on fire last night.

https://twitter.com/KristinFis...HGwWhIC7nYrkspcjAAAA

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
No other President would have the guts to do it, he does everything like the Boss, he doesn’t stop.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Here's a Leader- Trump walking to the church they burned last night:
quote:
I almost can’t believe what I’m seeing. POTUS just walked out the front door of the White House and into Lafayette Square - the epicenter of the DC protests - to visit historic St. John’s Church, which was set on fire last night.

https://twitter.com/KristinFis...HGwWhIC7nYrkspcjAAAA

hair smelling joe is already criticizing the President for clearing the streets so the President could go to that church. except, that decision is made by the Secret Service, which joe apparently doesn't remember. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the other thing is that the police cleared it because the police were being attacked by protestors - it would have been cleared whether or not the President decided to visit the church

but never let the facts get in the way of a good false narrative

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It's amazing reading yet another "they have him" narrative being pushed because "he" ordered the park cleared. The press and social media will stop at nothing. Never thought I'd see something like this in my lifetime.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Video speaks for itself...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Good video, erj_pilot!

Thanks!

"Renovation: 1980–1986
In 1974, the New York City Parks and Recreation Department started planning a renovation of the rink, including switching the refrigeration system from brinewater to liquid Freon to lower the operation costs at a time of rising fuel costs.[19] In January 1975, a $4 million plan to renovate Wollman Rink at the park's southeastern corner was announced.[20] By late 1975, the Central Park Task Force, an agency of NYC Parks, released a revised plan to dredge the Pond and redesign the landscaping in the park's southeastern corner for $2.5 million.[21] All plans were deferred due to the 1975 New York City fiscal crisis.[6][19]

The rink had to be closed in the winter of 1980 when its concrete floor buckled; at that time, the renovation was estimated to cost up to $4.9 million and take two years. Due to the necessity of soliciting bids for three separate contracts and a series of planning errors, construction mishaps, and flooding caused by heavy rains, the renovations had not been completed by May 1986 when the city decided to use brinewater in plastic pipes. By that time, $12.9 million had been spent, with an additional $2 to $3 million estimated to complete the work by the winter of 1987.[6][19]

Donald Trump then offered mayor Ed Koch to rebuild Wollman Rink at his expense within six months, in return for the leases to operate the rink and an adjacent restaurant to recoup his costs. The final agreement was that the city would reimburse Trump for the costs up to the agreed limit and that he would donate the profits of rink and restaurant to charity and public works.[6][22] Trump asked his contractors, among them HRH Construction, to also do the work without making a profit, promising them publicity but not mentioning their contributions to the press afterwards.[23] The work was completed two months ahead of schedule and $750,000 under the estimated costs.[6][24] As part of the agreement to keep operating Wollman Rink, Trump agreed to also take a concession for the Lasker Rink as well, and the Trump Organization won concessions for the rinks in 1987.[25]

Skating rink operation: 1986–present
When the rink reopened in November 1986,[6][26] ticket prices were raised from $2.50 to $4.50, and attendance was up from 130,000 in 1980 to 250,000 in 1987. As part of its agreement with the city, the Trump Organization donated most of the profit to public works, including $50,000 for the rink’s electricity costs, and to charity, among them United Cerebral Palsy, Partnership for the Homeless, and Gay Men’s Health Crisis.[27] The Trump Organization held the concession until 1995. Its subsidiary Wollman Rink Operations LLC won another contract in 2001 to operate the rink through April 30, 2021.[28][29] Wollman Rink Operations LLC is owned by DJT Holdings LLC which is owned by the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust for the duration of Trump's presidency.[28] In 2019, Trump's name was removed from most signs and logos at both Wollman and Lasker Rinks.[30]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wollman_Rink <-- yeah, I know.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
6/2/20

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post