SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 918
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
That's a YUGE kick square in Twatter's taint. LOVE IT!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Well I wonder if Twitter will stop deleting my "likes" now. I "like" every tweet he posts and they, my likes, often get deleted. (adjust tin foil hat) I think twitter randomly deletes some of the likes he gets to reduce the appearance of his popularity. If I re-like them it seems to stick. I check his Twitter account every two or three days.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Suckerberg over at FacePlant is feeling a bit of a burn

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump always amazes us. Part of it is because it has been so long since we had a real leader as President. It is quite thrilling to see courage, honesty, and fearless love of country all rolled into one.

After we elect him again in November, he won't have to worry about getting elected again. Not sure that has ever restrained him much though.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech...al-media-censorship/

Based on the draft, here is a summary of the order’s key provisions:

It redefines official U.S. policy towards social media platforms, stating “it is the policy of the United States that large social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, as the functional equivalent of a traditional public forum, should not infringe on protected speech.”

Citing Packingham v. North Carolina, the executive order describes social media platforms as the “modern public square.”

“Communication through these channels has become important for meaningful participation in American democracy, including to petition elected leaders.”

The head of every executive department and agency is instructed to review its agency’s federal spending and advertising and marketing on online platforms, and will be prohibited from advertising on platforms that violate free speech principles.

The Secretary of Commerce, through the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, will petition the FCC to propose regulations that clarify the provisions of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, specifically the provision that gives tech platforms immunity for “good faith” efforts to filter or remove content that is “obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable.”

The order asks the FCC to define actions from tech companies that are considered to be “deceptive, pretextual, or inconsistent with a provider’s terms of service” and actions that are the result of “inadequate notice, the product of unseasoned explanation, or having been undertak[en] without a meaningful opportunity to be heard” as outside the bounds of “good faith.”

The White House Office of Digital Strategy will reestablish a tool previously used by the administration to allow American citizens to report cases of tech bias to the federal government. These complaints will be directed to the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the latter of which will be asked to investigate them as potential cases of deceptive business practices.

The Attorney General is directed to establish a working group regarding the enforcement of State law that prohibits companies from engaging in “unfair and deceptive acts and practices.” State AGs will be invited to participate.

full draft:

https://kateklonick.com/wp-con...nline-Censorship.pdf

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I wonder if Suckerberg over at FacePlant is feeling a bit of a burn

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
This is such a stupid move on the President's part.

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is this a stupid move on the President's part?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is a brilliant move. someone mentioned that his "Murderous Morning Joe" tweets were the setup on this. They took the bait.

Too many people are getting their news through the lens of social media, and having their voice filtered by that same social media.

He knows this election is literally a fight to the death. If the other side has the propaganda behind them, it makes his fight uphill.

I think the benefits outweigh the risks, because he is asking for more free speech instead of suppressing it. Regulation without a regulator so to speak.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And twitter censors a Trump Tweet for inciting violence.

quote:
Twitter: Trump's Minnesota tweet violated rules on violence

https://www.axios.com/twitter-...0d-94595f0f2986.html

In a civilized world "Looters Will Be Shot" are words to live by.

Here's video of Trump and the media:
https://youtu.be/BDklwk7AgWM?t=23

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
And twitter censors a Trump Tweet for inciting violence.

"Glorifying violence." Yeah, cause allowing rioters and looters to run wild doesn't, right?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
This is such a stupid move on the President's part.
Yeah, you know so much better than he does, don't you? If only he'd take your advice, why, he might even end up as president one day.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Rush had a very good analysis of the "murderous Joe" tweet yesterday. In essence, he said that Trump was doing the same thing people like Schiff and Co. have been doing for the past three years. He said Trump never said he believed the allegation against Scarbrough, just that it was "out there," and he was just bringing it up.

As others have pointed out, Trump throws the chum in the water and lets the stupid sharks come biting. He then casts his net and scoops them all up.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the article I was referring to on President Trump Set a Trap for Twitter

I find it pretty interesting how he manipulated the situation.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the Press Conference will be about today.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I miss the Republican Party that wanted less government intrusion. Yall are celebrating the FCC's eventual increase in power.

This will directly affect sites like SigForum if the Section 230 immunity goes away.

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ailed-out-to-voters/

Pennsylvania Officials Admit Duplicate Ballots Were Mailed Out to Voters

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, officials have admitted that duplicate ballots were mailed out to registered voters, though they are not sure how many.

Last week, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania’s top election official admitted that duplicate ballots had been sent to registered voters but said he did not know how many were sent

In a conference call with reporters, Dave Voye, who manages the division that’s had to process a massive influx of vote-by-mail applications and ballots as voters look for an alternative to in-person voting amid COVID-19, said the department started to notice there was a problem with duplicate ballots at the end of April.

Several voters told the Post-Gazette this month that they had applied for a mail-in or absentee ballot and received more than one in the mail. The county released a statement on the issue Thursday, and said it was the result of a bug in the state’s voter registration system

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I miss the Republican Party that wanted less government intrusion. Yall are celebrating the FCC's eventual increase in power.

This will directly affect sites like SigForum if the Section 230 immunity goes away.
Why don't you just cool your jets? I don't know what your problem is, but just cool it.

You let me worry about this forum, and, frankly, I don't think your remarks stem from a concern for the continued existence of this forum. You're pissed off about something else. Whatever it is, just cool it.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I miss the Republican Party that wanted less government intrusion.

Well, you're actually getting that with Trump, more than ever with any political leader in at least a century. As conservatives, we should be celebrating how President Trump has handled the current crisis. It is federalism at it's very core. And furthermore, Trump is actually de-regulating during a national crisis. When has a leader of this country last done that? All conservatives, libertarians, Republicans, and classic liberals should be ecstatic with how President Trump has reacted nationally to the Chinese virus instead of complaining about taking to task big tech companies which are clearly abusing their influence in the modern world.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'll turn this forum into a smoking hole in the ground in a heartbeat if it means severely damaging Twitter. I give you my word, that is the truth.

But, it's not going to come to that.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Somehow, I don't think so. Government regulation of this type typically doesn't go well, and over time gets ignored, repealed, or expires.

There aren't enough "enforcers" within the government to watch over every forum, blog and social media platform.

This is a pissing contest. The big, swinging dicks over at Twatter and the like have continued to grow in their belief that they are omnipotent--above the law. DJT doesn't back down. This is his warning shot across the bow.

When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, most of them felt invincible. However, Admiral Yamamoto was the exception, and his comment is famously remembered today: "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Twitter, meet Sleeping Giant.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post