SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
A fucking men. I still remember this: https://www.breitbart.com/tech...n-to-trump-election/

Google should be shattered into a thousand pieces along with Twatter and Facebook. All of these companies are running interference for the GDC’s. Anyone who can’t see it or believe it is either blind, stupid or both.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
long, and Whitaker is pushing his book, but I enjoyed watching it

seen at CTH

While Whitaker was acting AG, he was told in Nov 2018:

the Mueller report is being finished,
attempted obstruction of justice is not a valid legal theory,
and there is no evidence of collusion

he was promised the report several times.

so he waited for the report, but it didn't come. Mueller kept dragging it on and on until AG Barr came in and pulled the plug

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Google should be shattered into a thousand pieces along with Twatter and Facebook. All of these companies are running interference for the GDC’s. Anyone who can’t see it or believe it is either blind, stupid or both.

I'm not a big fan of government corporate breakups, especially when the company is the size of Google. That would be a lot of unwinding to do. I am in favor of them being able to censor content (a "real" private platform) but in return they need to give up their government liable protections and other government carve outs (a "real" public platform). IMO, they should have one or the other but not both (which they currently "enjoy"). I'm not sure why big gov. is so against tackling that relatively simple issue. Well, actually I completely understand the reluctance Roll Eyes

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing that an executive order is coming down today from Trump. Watch Twitter fold like a cheap suit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Nice this happened sooner than later. It's amazing they handed it to him.

To those who think the liberal dems are some cunning, scheming Svengali- They just gave President Trump the perfect reason to reign in the social networks 6 months before the election.

Trump really is two steps ahead of these people, most of the time.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yes, and I hope its crushing, not just a pinprick

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump tweet:

Thank you to our GREAT Republican Congressmen & Congresswomen on your incredibly important blockage last night of a FISA Bill that would just perpetuate the abuse that produced the Greatest Political Crime In the History of the U.S., the Russian Witch-Hunt. Fantastic Job!

and

New papers make CLEAR that the Obama Administration SPIED, in an unprecedented manner, on the Trump Campaign and beyond, and even on the United States Senate. Nobody would ever have believed that this level of illegality and corruption would be taking place in our beautiful USA!

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Eagerly awaiting the well-deserved and overdue bitch slap. Make it effective, Mr. President. Make it hurt and make it stick.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Nice this happened sooner than later. It's amazing they handed it to him.

To those who think the liberal dems are some cunning, scheming Svengali- They just gave President Trump the perfect reason to reign in the social networks 6 months before the election.

Trump really is two steps ahead of these people, most of the time.
I agree. I also think he has good advisors who assist him.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Zero Hedge said an Presidential EO concerning social media platforms will be released at 5 pm ET today and will have something to do with the FCC.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ This is gonna be good!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't wait. Hit 'em hard, Mr. President.

Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Bailiff, whack his pee-pee.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A salvo or three is nice! Spot on PDJT! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Donald Trump and bill clinton are both the same age, but clinton looks like crud death. How does the President do it...just look at their wives. Big Grin

I know you are writing about their behavior and integrity and not their appearance. Razz

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump used the "M" word.

Monopoly

President Trump signs social media executive order that calls for removal of liability protections over censoring

Flanked by Attorney General Bill Barr, President Trump signed an executive order in the Oval Office on Thursday that calls for new regulations under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (CDA) to remove statutory liability protections and cut federal funding for tech companies that engage in censorship and political conduct.

The president's order came just two days after Twitter took the unprecedented step of slapping a "misleading" warning label on two of Trump's tweets concerning the fraud risks of nationwide mail-in balloting. The move immediately backfired: Experts disputed that Trump's tweet was actually misleading, in part because mail-in balloting has been linked to ongoing fraud; Twitter's fact-check itself contained false statements; and Twitter failed to apply the standard of review to other users.

At Thursday's signing ceremony, Trump called the fact-check "egregious," and held up a photo of Twitter executive Yoel Roth, who heads up the site's fact-checking and rules-making operation. Fox News reported on Wednesday that Roth has mocked Trump supporters, called Trump's team "ACTUAL NAZIS," slammed "scary trannies" in New York City, and called GOP Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell a "bag of farts." (In a statement, Twitter did not dispute Fox News' reporting, but called it "unfortunate.")

"My executive order calls for new regulations under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to make it so that social media companies that engage in censoring any political conduct will not be able to keep their liability shield," the president said.

He added: "My executive order further instructs the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to prohibit social media companies from engaging in any deceptive acts or practices affecting commerce. This commerce resides in Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act. ... Additionally, I'm directing the attorney general to work cooperatively with the states ... to enforce their own laws against such deceptive business practices. The states have broad and powerful authority to regulate in this arena."

Under the CDA, platforms are ordinarily not liable for users' defamatory or otherwise problematic posts, while publishers that actively shape content do face liability. (Copyright law, which has a strong constitutional foundation, ordinarily does require sites like Twitter to remove offending content, or face liability.)

Trump's order would instruct the federal government to interpret and apply that legislation, as agencies typically do when laws give them that flexibility. The White House had discussed a social media executive order for the past several months, and lawmakers have increasingly sought CDA reforms.

"The choices that Twitter makes when it chooses to suppress, edit, blacklist, shadowban are editorial decisions, pure and simple," Trump said. "In those moments Twitter ceases to be a neutral public platform and they become an editor with a viewpoint."

Fox News has not yet obtained a copy of the executive order, but the White House said it would make it available soon.

Trump pointed out that some Democrats agreed with him. Former Vice President Biden, in a January interview with The New York Times, said that Section 230 “should be revoked, immediately should be revoked” because Facebook “is propagating falsehoods they know to be false, and we should be setting standards not unlike the Europeans are doing relative to privacy.”

Also at the signing ceremony, Trump openly said he would "shut down" Twitter if he could legally. He also called out Facebook's new oversight "tribunal" for hiring Pamela Karlan, the anti-Trump professor who testified at his impeachment hearing.

"Finally, I'm directing my administration to develop policies and procedures to ensure taxpayer dollars are not going to any social media company that suppresses free speech," Trump said. They're rich enough."

"What they're doing is tantamount to monopoly, to taking over the airwaves," Trump said. "Can't let it happen. Or else we're not gonna have a democracy."

On Wednesday, however, the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals handed Twitter and other tech giants an early win on the issue, finding that in the absence of state action, there can be no First Amendment violation. The court also did not find a Sherman Antitrust Violation, even though the plaintiffs alleged that big tech was conspiring to advance a left-wing agenda.

The president had teased the executive order Thursday morning, saying: “This will be a Big Day for Social Media and FAIRNESS!”

Fox News is told that, separately, the administration is working on a commission to look at alleged anti-conservative bias among big social media platforms.

Meanwhile, Republicans were waging a broad, all-out war against what they perceive as pervasive Silicon Valley bias. Several Republican lawmakers suggested on Thursday they will soon take action against Reddit, saying the influential Internet message board systematically singled out, censored, and destroyed a once-popular pro-Trump "subreddit," or subforum, known as "r/The_Donald."

And, Vox reported on Wednesday that big tech billionares are fighting back against Republican efforts, in part because of Joe Biden's struggling operation. The outlet said LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman, Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz, Laurene Powell Jobs, and ex-Google CEO Eric Schmidt were leading the charge -- sometimes upsetting Democratic operatives, who had wanted to run their own operation.

Hoffman has been a big financial backer of MotiveAI, which has been linked to spreading overtly fake news. For example, The Daily Beast reported that four Colorado-based companies "associated with MotiveAI" used "50 seemingly independent Facebook pages to purchase ads in 2018" -- including a page that suggested Brett Kavanaugh "had helped Bill and Hillary Clinton cover up the murder of a White House aide."

Hoffman alone has also dumped approximately $10 million into Acronym, which backed the company Shadow -- which, in turn, was behind the disastrous Iowa caucus app.

According to Vox, Acronym hopes to secure another $25 million "to set up seven of its own media properties in swing states, creating local news sites that portray moderate Democratic candidates in a favorable light, but appear to be objective, homespun outlets."

Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
LMAO.

Reporter: Have you considered just deleting your twitter account?
POTUS: If you weren't fake, I would do that in a heartbeat.
Reporter: I'm real, sir.

Ouch. Sure you are, buddy. That was funny as shit.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump also said that if he could do it legally, he'd shut down Twitter altogether.

That won't happen, of course, but I love to hear him saying these things.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
High five Mr. President

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now we're gettin' somewhere. Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post