SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you didn't require sustenance, would you still want to eat?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you didn't require sustenance, would you still want to eat? Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Absolutely I would. I love food - cooking, trying new and different recipes, etc.

We also make it a priority to eat dinner at the table as a family every day unless we just physically can't make it happen. No electronics and no TV on - just good old fashioned conversation. The rituals of eating are bonding for humans.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I believe I would still want to eat. I'm not a gourmet and don't fancy "fancy" food, but I do enjoy a good solid home-cooked meal of "farm food". Unfortunately, there aren't too many places near me that offer such, and I don't cook. Nevertheless, I do find some enjoyment in eating (too much).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
And if I didn't eat, I would never shit
THEN I would be very cranky

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iv'e never smoked and I don't miss it a bit ,so I guess not

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Absolutely I would. I love food - cooking, trying new and different recipes, etc.

Same here. I love food to much and cooking on the grill, smoking in the smoker or cast iron cooking is a great experience.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yes, some of life’s bests moments are eating the foods we love!
That’s like asking even though I no longer am going to have children would I give up sex.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post