SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you didn't require sustenance, would you still want to eat?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you didn't require sustenance, would you still want to eat? Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Damn skippy I would. Food is good.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I've long wished for a pill that could meet all of my dietary needs. Eating is a pain, and I have better things to do.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
As someone who can no longer eat sweets or drink alcohol, my answer is ABSOLUTELTY.

I love bakery goods, Italian food, Japanese, Seafood, breads, fruit, ice cream and on and on.

I stick to a healthy low carb diet but only to avoid health issues.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
I've long wished for a pill that could meet all of my dietary needs. Eating is a pain, and I have better things to do.

Like post on the internet. Wink

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Hells yes! Food is good.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I kinda like to eat whether I need to or not.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
No. And save a lot of money in the process.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Not only yes, but hell yes. Tuning up for a scrumptious BMT (Bacon, Mayo, Tomato) sandwich for lunch today.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a big fat yes. Food tastes good.

Now if I did not require food and did not have taste buds I would say no.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

^^^THIS. The curmudgeon speaks truth.

Guy I worked with was once asked the definition of a good day. His response? "Good sex, a good meal, and a good s**t." Methinks he had a clear understanding of his existence.

Exactly. One of my canned responses to the generic "How ya doin'?" is "Well, I'm eatin' regular and I've got a warm place to sleep (or shit, depending on the audience)"

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
"Would you give up the pleasure of eating if it meant never getting food poisoning, no trouble with bowel movements and/or indigestion, no heart burn, hemorrhoid issues, and every other problem that comes as a result of eating?"

Does that include the results of 'over eating'???

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, I hate to stop whatever I'm doing to sit down, eat, and clean up. I never eat breakfast because I would rather have the sleep. I seldom take a lunch at work because I don't want the interruption. I could easily do with out dinner if my body didn't require it.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if eating were optional. It would be really nice if there were no waste at the other end.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:

Like post on the internet. Wink

I've racked up quite a few since 2001. Smile

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I am not a foodie, so to me food is just fuel. Therefore, my answer is no.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Eating is so you shouldn't starve, swimming is so you shouldn't drown, and running is for when something is after you....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Hell
Yes

Plus, I like to cook too much. I still wouldn’t eat nearly as often as I’m required to now.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
After a couple of friends were roommates for a while, they concluded one was "eat to live" the other was "live to eat"

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
No. I have my fare share of digestive issues and I have Celiac.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Probably not. If I get busy, I often forget to eat. So nbd. But then I overeat when my body remembers because I’m over hungry. It’s a catch22 and if I didn’t get hungry I just don’t think it would be an issue.
Now...since I already know what a treat some food items are...that might be a bit of a pickle..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post