SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Options for garage ceiling?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Options for garage ceiling? Login/Join 
posted
I've got my attached garage finished with taped/painted drywall and epoxy floor paint. Everything is trimmed in vinyl. Looks great, but a little too much for my detached shop/garage.

In the second garage, I plan to leave the floor bare concrete as it is a workspace and where I store my snowplow. There is no way paint is going to hold up.

The walls and ceiling are unfinished sheetrock. I'd like to put up something that is a little more durable to bumps, easier to clean and impervious to dirt and wet tools. I think FRP panels would work well on the walls, but probably not stiff enough for the ceiling without a ton of screws. I've seen photos of garages using white plastic corrugated roofing material or vinyl soffit. They both look decent and reflect a lot of light.

Any advantages of one vs the other in terms of ease of installation, butting edges, mounting lighting?

Thanks!

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put up beaded soffit in my garage / workshop. I used pegboard on the walls and painted with semi gloss.

Been up 16 years and I'm still pleased.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post