SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TV and Radio Ratings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV and Radio Ratings Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
So, in part with how the nfl has left America and no longer enforce its own rules when the rule breakers show disrespect to America, how do "they" know if i am watching them on TV or listening to them on radio?

Is there a loss in gain which requires a boost in signal strength (for TV)?

Polls only? Or?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
With broadcast (over the air) TV it would have to be a survey analysis like Nielsen (end user fills in a logbook) that projects a total. I would suspect that satellite or streaming services (DirecTv NetFlix) they can monitor not only what but how long without any input from the end user.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That's why I don't even turn on MSNBC or other shit channels, even to see "the other side". I wont give them the ratings if they can tell from the digital cable box what you are watching

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
That's why I don't even turn on MSNBC or other shit channels, even to see "the other side". I wont give them the ratings if they can tell from the digital cable box what you are watching

Exactly!

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I have a favorites list on my Cable box set up to use when channel surfing. I have already removed two of those commie networks from the list so it skips right over them. I need to do a few more...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
http://www.ineoquest.com

The wife used to work here. They know EVERYTHING going on through your internet and cable. They can tell if the signal is good or bad at any moment for any channel at any address. It is supposedly scrubbed for personal data, but who knows. They can see what you are watching (with warnings on the exterior of some of the screening rooms saying you may be subject to viewing some pron).

Some serious big brother stuff.

The ratings people know plenty without polling.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
With broadcast (over the air) TV it would have to be a survey analysis like Nielsen (end user fills in a logbook) that projects a total. I would suspect that satellite or streaming services (DirecTv NetFlix) they can monitor not only what but how long without any input from the end user.

Nielsen hooks up to the sound output on your tv and automatically logs what you are watching by the code coming through the audio out port.

Any digital cable company knows everything you do on your TV but I don't know if they package viewing habits and sell it to advertisers.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post