SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Want to annoy a lib? Drink a Sam Adams with your Chik fil A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to annoy a lib? Drink a Sam Adams with your Chik fil A Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Sam Adams started this whole beer arms race a while ago, which is why we have Oktoberfest in mid-August, Christmas beers in October and spring beers in February Frown

It's annoying because what happens is by the time the appropriate time of the year to go get some rolls around, it's all gone.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Good. More for the rest of us.

I just wish we could get their Boston Ale here in Virginia.

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's annoying because what happens is by the time the appropriate time of the year to go get some rolls around, it's all gone.

That's why you stockpile. Big Grin

I buy my Fall/Winter Octoberfest variety stockpile in August and September, and then drink on it until March or so.

(Which reminds me... I need to get my Ayinger Oktoberfest case order put in this week.)

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
This is interesting. This is the same Sam Adams Beer Company that pulled out of St. Patrick’s Day festivities as a protest for not specifically including the LBGT community. Sounds like they have figured out how to ride both sides of the fence, but then that might be part of the reason they pulled out of the parade.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The New England IPA is fantastic. The Boston Lager is what I get when I can’t decide what to get.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Just imagine what would happen if Trump actually came out and said he likes Sam Adams. Hizonor's head would probably literally explode in outrage.

Posts: 7260 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Oh great, something else for California to Ban !

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Good. More for the rest of us.

I just wish we could get their Boston Ale here in Virginia.

plenty of SA in central VA, or was when I was in the business,

your local distributor may not bring it in that area anylonger,

I'm not a big fan of his beer, but Koch is a big supporter or Craft beer,
he has been known to support the little guys, financially, as well as buy up some of the smaller breweries,

not like AB Imbev, to change and close, but to keep the good beer flowing,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
When an idiot like that manages to get elected, it makes me afraid of how stupid the voters are who voted for him...

Are they so fucking dumb that they have to remember to breathe?

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've probably told my Blackhawk Down like story Wink of defending the moving truck, helping my friend move out of there. The people in the neighborhood seemed to view the moving truck as a yard sale where everything was free.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The first part of the article made me laugh:

"Could Sam Adams beer be going the way of Chick-fil-A?"

What, you mean going like gangbusters successful? People lining up for it wherever they go? More popular than ever, much to leftists' chagrin? Sheesh!

Around these parts the beer that annoys liberals is good old Yuengling.

Dick Yuengling, the owner, has been a big Trump supporter from the beginning and has caught a lot of shit from all the liberals in Philly, but it does not appear to have hurt him financially.

I posted on FB a selfie of myself drinking a celebratory Yuengling Lager at 2 am the night Trump won the WH and pissed a lot of my crazy liberal extended family off. Big Grin F*ck 'em!

I thought the first line was hilarious too. I guess the author thinks CFA died or something.

I drink Sam and Yuengling. I didn’t know about their political leanings but they are going to taste even better now.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15250 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
I kinda wish I still drank but I've been dry for over 25 years. If I were to pick up a beer it would be a Sam Adams for sure.

buy a six pack and give it away!
Now that's a thought! I don't drink, but do have some friends who do....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just bought a case of Oktoberfest.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried a Sam Adam's once. Found it so bitter it made anything I tried to eat taste like shit. If you want a good tasting beer try a well crafted Belgian Double or Triple.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5642 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying a bottle of Sam Adams Lager this evening for the first time in quite a while.

Here's a toast to Jim Koch. MAGA!

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Tried a Sam Adam's once. Found it so bitter it made anything I tried to eat taste like shit. If you want a good tasting beer try a well crafted Belgian Double or Triple.

It may be that you had a stale beer, I don't know. I think it is pretty good.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Definitely sounds like you got one that was off.

I'm not a huge fan of regular Sam Adams, but it's far from bad or bitter.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
The wonderful people at chick fill a called the station today. They wanted to drop off 90 chicken sandwiches for all of us at each precinct. They did so, with warming carriers to make sure even the midnight guys got hot food.

No charge, just being good people.

Love that place.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
the mayor is a masshole i hope they shut down and move to NH

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Time to pick up some Sam Adam's!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post