SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun control an attempt at voter suppression?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun control an attempt at voter suppression? Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
When considering all of the reasons dems have such a drive to eliminate gun rights, you must first eliminate the idea they give two shits about anyone's safety. Sure they want to destroy the constitution and American ideals, and make the opposing populace easier to suppress.

A lib talking point is how stupid us knuckle draggers are for thinking our pipsqueak arms can have any effect at countering government gone bad. Just the opposite, I consider their great efforts to disarm us as evidence they fear an armed populace, and a testament of their potential effectiveness.

Recent pleas for gun control has caused me to consider another motive of this push- possibly voter suppression. They would love to pass a law that many have boasted they would resist, that would instantly make many republicans felons and subject to incarceration. The greater the push to prosecute and convict for something like modern sporting arms becoming illegal, dem power is solidified.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Well, it's fairly well documented that the early gun control movement (like so many other liberal causes) was aimed squarely at suppressing the African American community.

The only thing that has really changed is the scope of their target.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recent events and comments, such as the antifa riots and statement from the CBS legal exec, lead me to believe the left wants to simply kill or make subservient their opposition. It may sound paranoid, but history around the world tends to support my theory.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Recent events and comments, such as the antifa riots and statement from the CBS legal exec, lead me to believe the left wants to simply kill or make subservient their opposition. It may sound paranoid, but history around the world tends to support my theory.

Not at all paranoia. I agree with your assessment.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Not paranoid at all since history supports your position.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Which one of the 1960's American communists said it would only be necessary to kill a certain number of Americans to gain control of the country? Was it Alinsky? Was the number 50,000 or 500,000?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It isn't paranoia if it's true.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Disarmament is everywhere and always a precursor to genocide.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
We have made great strides in our efforts to restore our gun rights all across this land of ours, including my state of Michigan.

We must be forever on guard in defending these rights, as our history has shown that it is indeed possible to lose them again.

Please consider joining national gun organizations, as well as your own state organizations, and last but not least even a local gun club as well. We only have "political clout", when we band together.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Imagine if HiLIARy had won....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I don't imagine voter suppression is the goal, it's just a happy coincidence. The goal is disarmament, and if a few backwards cavemen go to prison and lose the franchise, that's gravy.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The ONLY reason for the Second Amendment is that the founding fathers KNEW that the people could not trust their government. At no time in history has that been more true than today.

Power corrupts and the government and people who make it up are, largely, corrupt.

Before one of you gets your panties in a wad, I don't not believe association with government equals corruption in every case, but in many, too many.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^^ ABSOLUTELY ^^^^

If you have no ability to fight back you must submit.
That is their goal. Mad

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
Which one of the 1960's American communists said it would only be necessary to kill a certain number of Americans to gain control of the country? Was it Alinsky? Was the number 50,000 or 500,000?

That would be bill ayers of the sds in their deal with communist countries once they took control of America through violent revolution.

IIRC, it was 2/3 of the American population that would need to be liquidated as they would not accept indoctrination and could not be trusted to comply.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This | Governments and Genicide
I am sad, as are all sane people that so many people were wounded or died at the hands of a mad man.

These random attacks by assholes pale in comparison to government genocide. It is disheartening listening to the clueless start with evil weapons BS. Evil people not mechanical tools are the causation. A simple google search of genocides can enlighten those who have not vetted their borrowed mantras. 58 dead is atrocious, wrap your head around millions.

The killing fields - 1970s - 4 minute video

Death Toll Comparison - Chart

For the slow to comprehend

As for Rwanda I'll take a bullet over machete thanks.
How cruel is it to starve millions of your subjects? Big, little, women, children doesn't matter.

p.s. F'en RHINOS need to put the silencer bill back on the front burner. I am so tired of outright bogus bullshit. Dear RHINO please inform me how effective silencers are on a rifle at a high rate of fire. If it survived a magazine or two.
Look at pictures of police/citizens standing around due to echos, whatever. Unable to pin point the attack's source location.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always love the argument that rifles are useless against a First World military. A bunch of goat hearders (literally) made a lot of people's lives miserable in Afghanistan.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
So last week, dems were against the cops but this week they want the cops to confiscate guns Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Every comment in this thread is spot on.
We have to learn from history lest we repeat it...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post