SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone orginated a home loan through Costco's mortgage program?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone orginated a home loan through Costco's mortgage program? Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Wondering if anyone used one of their listed partners and if it truly cut down on the fees?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Can you get one mortgage, or do you have to get a bulk pack of like eight or twelve?

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine them to be worse than what you can get elsewhere.

I think it still comes down to making sure you understand any fees they attach to the plain interest rate.

I think Costco is motivated to get as big a share of their customers' wallets that they can and they know they can only do that by giving a quality product.

Two things I recently learned: Their hotdog and soda deal for $1.50 has never changed in price while still maintaining a high quality.

Their Costco branded hearing aids have consistently improved while decreasing in price over the years. They started out at $2000 a pair and now it's $1600 a pair. And it's comparable in quality to the $2700 brand hearing aids they also carry.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would I want a home in Cuba?

Posts: 264 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Can you get one mortgage, or do you have to get a bulk pack of like eight or twelve?

Jumbo loans only Big Grin

I would investigate, check the fees and costs and compare them to other services.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
A broker, or two or three, have agreed to kick some points to Costco on loans originated through the program. Although Costco may have vetted these brokers, I doubt the deal is by default the best deal you can get. Whatever rate, term, points etc they quote should get shopped by you to at least one lender outside the Costco program.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two things I recently learned: Their hotdog and soda deal for $1.50 has never changed in price while still maintaining a high quality.

I enjoyed one of those yesterday. A fine value.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post