SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for gun concealment tool- the rubber-coated rod that sticks into the barrel of a pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for gun concealment tool- the rubber-coated rod that sticks into the barrel of a pistol Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I know these are made but for some reason, I can't find them. Anyone? The kind of gadget you mount under a desk.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1359 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Amazon has some listed as Hold Up Displays Gun Hangers.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23235 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Something like This???

Could be modified to be fastened to the under side of a desk

ETA: Floyd that’s really cool!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11244 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, gotta be completely hidden. It's not for storage. It's for concealment.

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

Para, something similar to this?

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, like that.

The madhouse design is great but that's more than I intended to spend.

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
https://smile.amazon.com/Custo...d=1570759157&sr=8-12

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could make your own with a piece of brass rod and Dip it in plasti dip or just use a dowel.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FloydNC:
...or this?

https://madhousedesign.com/product/gcs-single-mount/

I have and use this. Great product.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
As an alternative there is a holster that connects via Ram Mounts, what would be good is that you could move the gun and holster from desk to vehicle by having a Ram Mount in your car/truck and one under the desk, a simple twist and you could take the gun in it's holster from one to the other.

Plus seems it'd be a bit more secure in a holster vs on a rod.

If you have kids or grandkids that come over, then it's not going to be secure and you'd sure have to remember to put it up each time you leave the room.

Ram Mount - Dara Holsters
Dara Holsters

Posts: 23235 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
You could make your own with a piece of brass rod and Dip it in plasti dip or just use a dowel.

3/8" pipe flange and a 90. insert rod. voila!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I think I'm going to try the magnet gadget. That looks like just the ticket.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I think I'm going to try the magnet gadget. That looks like just the ticket.

That magnet gadget barely held my CZ2075 - Loaded Weight ~30 oz. I returned it to Amazon.

Year V

Posts: 2611 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not the same magnet and in don’t know what the specific one is but I know some folks that use several magnet type holders in various locations with no issue. One is a Ruger Service six loaded with 6 rounds of .357 so that has to be damn near 40oz and I can tell you it held secure.

If you want me to try and figure out the maker let me know.

Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7630 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I used these magnets in my truck vault.

LOCKDOWN Gun Concealment Magnet

Used Chicago screws to secure them to the vault wall.
One holds a loaded Gen 2 G17 with a +2 extension, another holds 2 loaded 17 rd G17 mags with 147gr Ranger T.
One more holds my LCP.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
When I was considering this the heavy duty near permanent Velcro using a Keydex holster was my leading idea. That Velcro is ridiculously strong easily allowing a draw.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post