SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for gun concealment tool- the rubber-coated rod that sticks into the barrel of a pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for gun concealment tool- the rubber-coated rod that sticks into the barrel of a pistol Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Just curious. Does using a magnetic holder to secure your guns cause some of the internal parts to become magnetized and maybe become a problem causing friction on internal parts? The gun might also be attractive to having foreign material try to attach to it. I'm probably overthinking this but it has crossed my mind every time I see these magnetic gun holders.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2406 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I bought these magnets, have two pistols in spots around the house. I like them

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I think I'm going to try the magnet gadget. That looks like just the ticket.
That magnet gadget barely held my CZ2075 - Loaded Weight ~30 oz. I returned it to Amazon.
They must have sent yours out on Weak Magnet Day, because I just got mine and this magnet holds a G17 loaded with eighteeen 124 grain rounds and an attached Surefire X300- total weight 37.5 ounces- and holds the pistol so securely that I have to lever it off of the magnet. There's no "barely" about it. I'm happy.

The manufacturer claims these magnets will hold 45 pounds. I doubt that, but 3 pounds would be no problem at all.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the magnet one under my desk and it holds my Beretta 92FS with no issues.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post