SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charlie Daniels' open letter to Sen. Schumer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlie Daniels' open letter to Sen. Schumer Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted
http://www.cnsnews.com/comment...-opened-pandoras-box

Sen. Schumer, I don't live in your constituency, but in the larger picture, you live in mine and every other legal, taxpaying American citizen who is affected by the power you hold in your political party, your blind allegiance to it and the obstructionist posture to anything that doesn't directly benefit it.

There's something sinister about seeing you bent over the lectern in the Senate Chamber, your countenance resembling what I would imagine Edgar Allen Poe's would look like reciting one of his macabre tales of doom and gloom, as if there is not one drop of happiness in your life, forecasting a dismal future for America if anything President Trump proposes passes both houses, is signed and becomes law.

I know you're disappointed. I know you had the balloons ready to fall and the corks halfway out of the champagne bottles on election night. And I know you just can't face the truth that what happened in the election was exactly the same thing you continue to do: you forgot about the working people; you forgot about the empty factories of the rust belt; you took for granted the high crime, low employment inner cities you've made unkept promises to for decades.

Instead of looking inward at the real cause for your party's loss, you had to find a scapegoat, and if it hadn't been Russia, it would have been something else.

Sen. Schumer, will you do me and America a favor? Will you lay your hand on a Holy Bible and tell America that you believe in your heart that Donald Trump has actually colluded with Vladimir Putin and the Russian government to the detriment of the United States of America?

You see, sir, everything you've come up with so far, and you've been at it since well before the election, has been superficial. And I believe that anything your special counsel will come up with will also be superficial, guilt by association, the fires of triviality fanned and proliferated by a tilted, hate-filled media and super partisan politicians.

Sen. Schumer, what goes around truly does come around, and if, or should I say when, this pendulum starts swinging back the other way, do you realize that Mr. Mueller could actually find a lot more dirt on prominent Democrats than they do Trump and his staff?

You have opened Pandora's Box, sir, and basically thrown away the lid.

Now it’s time to chop the log and let the chips fall where they will.

If President Trump has actually colluded with the Russians or any other foreign government, or sold out my beloved nation in any way, I definitely want to know about it, and if he has, he should be impeached and thrown out of office in disgrace. But right now, you're a hell of a long way from proving even one iota of your accusations.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
If he put his hands on a Bible, it would burst into flames...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

I'd gladly put his hand out with a fireman's ax

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

I'd gladly put his hand out with a fireman's ax

I think gasoline might work better.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Unlike Chuck, I need to be careful of both my words and thoughts pertaining to or questioning his faith.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Charlie Daniels' open letter to Sen. Schumer
Mr. Mueller could actually find a lot more dirt on prominent Democrats than they do Trump and his staff

You have opened Pandora's Box, sir, and basically thrown away the lid.

Yep.

I suspect when the dust clears, the Russians will have tried so hard to get influence with the Republican candidate because they didn't already have it, unlike "Brand X", where they already knew it only took the proper donations to their "Foundation" to get control of strategic uranium sources.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Nice letter.
quote:
If President Trump has actually colluded with the Russians or any other foreign government, or sold out my beloved nation in any way, I definitely want to know about it, and if he has, he should be impeached and thrown out of office in disgrace.

Well I guess you could do that if there was a law against it.

Political suicide - yes. Illegal - no.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
answer me this, chuck... why would the ruskies have channeled so much cash through Hillary and her Foundation if they were colluding with trump? things that are actually documented, unlike your unnamed sources, free of any hint of actual evidence.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
A lot of the Dem. bellyaching is like the daughter who comes downstairs dressed like a slut and the topic of breathless onslaught is the look on dad's face.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
willing to bet that if someone were to start looking really close, Chuckie has a few things hidden away that he'd rather people not uncover

he talks an awful lot - almost as if he has something to hide

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I dun told you once you son of a bitch.....

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post