SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sudden joint pains
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sudden joint pains Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Last night and the night before have been rather sleepless due to some sort of terrible pain in my right hip. It feels like someone is digging a knife into the ball at the end of my leg and is trying to pry it out of the hip socket.

Strangely, about 3am the pain moved from my right hip to my left knee. Same pain. Stopped hurting at the hip during it's time at the knee. Confused

It feels a bit better today but now the pain is back at the hip.

Is this uncommon or just something a 48 year old goes through? Frown

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Tossing and turning at night can put pressure on certain nerves especially in the back and hip. Try some ibuprofen and then get a good night sleep. If it continues see your MD.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You have an immature alien in you.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, I'm going through the same symptoms right now also. knee, up to my hip area. Maybe because its going to rain in LA?

Posts: 59 | Registered: February 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"It's not a toomah!"

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had severe mobile joint pains once that was a viral infection. Never had any relief between the pains for any length of time it just moved around my body for about 24-36 hours until I got on an anti-viral med. Generally felt like crap too.

Posts: 113 | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My only suggestion – turmeric helps inflammation regulation. That's common knowledge, but not everyone knows that black pepper is necessary to metabolize turmeric. I use a lot of turmeric and black pepper in my cooking, and have no joint or back pain at all.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Be careful with knee to hip. If the affected knee/hip is swelling with a dull achy pain, ingest an aspirin and head to the ER/Urgent Care. When they ask why are you there just tell them "R/O DVT of X leg"

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
My only suggestion – turmeric helps inflammation regulation. That's common knowledge, but not everyone knows that black pepper is necessary to metabolize turmeric. I use a lot of turmeric and black pepper in my cooking, and have no joint or back pain at all.
You may be onto something. I did just go off of grape seed extract that I've been taking for months now.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:
Be careful with knee to hip. If the affected knee/hip is swelling with a dull achy pain, ingest an aspirin and head to the ER/Urgent Care. When they ask why are you there just tell them "R/O DVT of X leg"
It's definitely neither dull nor achy. Advil does seem to help temporarily.

posted Hide Post
There are numerous infections that could cause this. Lyme disease could, Rheumatoid arthritis caused by a cross reaction to a very low grade strept. infection would, other autoimmune diseases, viral as mentioned above.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Maybe go see an actual doctor? Just a thought.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
Maybe go see an actual doctor? Just a thought.
Not gonna happen. Not being stubborn, just being poor for a few more weeks.

Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Have you started a new medication? sometimes side affects are joint pains.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Get checked for a kidney stone. Mine caused me untold grief like that for months. Pain would move around, back, hip, you name it. I hope you figure it out soon! If you end up pissing blood, theirs your answer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coloradohunter44,

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gouty arthritis?

Posts: 913 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
Gouty arthritis?

High uric acid level and swelling and pain in his feet.... maybe

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes a high dosage multiple vitamin can cause joint pain.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Sometimes a high dosage multiple vitamin can cause joint pain.
Maybe I should drop the vitamins for a few days and see what happens. I know I feel beat when I skip the vitamin B complex though.

posted Hide Post
"It's Lupus."

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post