SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    “Barracks lawyers” upset that Army Commanding General carrying M1911A1 in combat zone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Barracks lawyers” upset that Army Commanding General carrying M1911A1 in combat zone Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Overzealous JAGs and IGs

Don Brown: It's time for Trump to clean out corruption in the military justice system

https://www.foxnews.com/opinio...lagher-clint-lorance

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Patton would have driven them nuts....
IIRC--he did.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His eye pro is out of regs too because of the silver shit on the sides, better go quote AR 670-1 and tell him to get right Roll Eyes

I highly doubt anyone under him actually gives a shit. Hell, when my commander went on leave for a month our XO who was a captain came into work one day wearing a spandex bicycle suit that looked flaming gay, and had the most ridiculous Mario brothers mustache going before the commander came back. You know who complained? Fucking nobody. If anything we thought it was hilarious and wished that we were captains and could do goofy shit like that with zero repercussions too.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This goes back to something my late father used to say:

People don't have enough to do today.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a former Sgt in the Marine Corps, I believe the problem is boredom.

Sounds like a few little candy-asses have a little too much time on their hands! Time to go on a short walk in the hills. Maybe take a case of .556 off the stripper clips, then put them back on...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
These damn lawyers got too much time on their hands,time to issue them weapons and sent to the front lines.
Maybe an 1860 Springfield 58 caliber mussel loader
Barracks Lawyers aren't real lawyers, they are usually troops who post bullshit on the internet. Used to be they started verbal bullshit but now they gots the Facebook.
45 Cal, much like V-Tail, is an old Navy guy. Our term for these guys was not "barracks lawyers," we knew them as "sea lawyers."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Is he able to get .45 ACP ammo through the normal Army supply chain, or does he have to somehow supply his own ammo.

Serious question, since I thought it was pretty much 9mm in the Army these days for pistols.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Additionally, Barracks Lawyers (also Shithouse Lawyers) are seldom combat troops, but tend to be REMFs (Rear Echelon Mother F$%@&ers).

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
The whole story is BS. .45's are still in the inventory and .45's are still used by a number of Special Warfare units. If a GO wants to carry a .45 he can carry a .45. End of story.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Is he able to get .45 ACP ammo through the normal Army supply chain, or does he have to somehow supply his own ammo.

Serious question, since I thought it was pretty much 9mm in the Army these days for pistols.

The special ops guys have .45 available for the H&K Mark 23 suppressed pistol so there is .45 ammo available in the Army supply chain.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Additionally, Barracks Lawyers (also Shithouse Lawyers) are seldom combat troops, but tend to be REMFs (Rear Echelon Mother F$%@&ers).

Yes. As I recall, the term was shit house lawyer.
However, I think the problem is what was referred to in the Fox News link I posted at the top
of the page.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These idiots that complain about him carrying an old 1911 would complain about him carrying a new M17 that could be used by front line troops in combat missions. Same bitches, different gripes that amount to stirring hot, wet, bullshit.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Plenty of 45 ammo out there - HK45C / MK23 with NSW (although the MK23s are never used), Marines have 1911 of various makes and I know of several other units have have them.

Non-story, but it's fun to watch.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's certain benefits that you're entitled to when you get stars and flags. These shit-birds just can't get over that fact and need to worry about more pressing shit, like shitty base housing, lack of training, lack of spare parts or, another uniform.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
They should make all the troops complaining about it carry M-14s.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
They should make all the troops complaining about it carry M-14s.

Yeah, the airweight version.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post