SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Student Anti-Gun Rally Flops
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Student Anti-Gun Rally Flops Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
There were roughly a dozen of those shitass imbeciles ”protesting” at the main intersection here in Jerkwater yesterday. It looked to me like they were enjoying being out of class more than they were serious about their protest. Laughing, grinning and jacking around like a bunch of stupid high school kids that were getting away with something.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
It looked to me like they were enjoying being out of class more than they were serious about their protest. Laughing, grinning and jacking around like a bunch of stupid high school kids that were getting away with something.

Everyone likes a field trip.

At that age I'd do anything to get out of sitting in a class, and if one is not familiar with the gun rights issue, then it's just another field trip, with the opportunity to talk to girls etc.

I saw a youtube video after the last "walk-out" where some of the students were interviewed, and it was clear none of them knew anything about guns, assault-weapons, hi-cap-magazines, etc.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
It looked to me like they were enjoying being out of class more than they were serious about their protest. Laughing, grinning and jacking around like a bunch of stupid high school kids that were getting away with something.

Everyone likes a field trip.

At that age I'd do anything to get out of sitting in a class, and if one is not familiar with the gun rights issue, then it's just another field trip, with the opportunity to talk to girls etc.

I saw a youtube video after the last "walk-out" where some of the students were interviewed, and it was clear none of them knew anything about guns, assault-weapons, hi-cap-magazines, etc.

Absolutely. The media incessantly bleats on about how motivated these kids are. That is bullshit. Give a teenager a free pass to get out of class and there's a stampede for the exits.

Ask them to show up on a Saturday and see how many you get. Better yet, ask them to actually do something productive, like maybe help out at a domestic violence shelter, and see how many show up.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did it all wrong,
I skipped because the teacher was a dick or his teaching sucked.

I should have feigned a cause of some sort
, but knowing me,
I would have that was too convoluted , complex.

I started being a k.i.s.s. guy , early on

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post