SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Student Anti-Gun Rally Flops
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Student Anti-Gun Rally Flops Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Local "news" droids made a big deal of it here, too Roll Eyes

As to Hogg being back in school: I stopped watching his Twitter feed a couple weeks ago, but I don't see how he could be in school with his busy celebrity schedule. Further: He's said he won't go back to school until "gun control is passed," whatever that means.

He also said he was going to delay starting college for a year to work on his movement (or whatever). Personally, I imagine he'll have little choice in the matter, as I can't see a college accepting him without a high school diploma, and, since he's not going back to school, well...

The obnoxious little twerp may find himself with a dead movement and put back a year in HS. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Smile

I suspect the district will give him a "P" his courses. Just pass him and get rid of him. That would allow him to be a useful idiot. That's based on the district's past performance. No doubt failing Hogg and making him come back for another year was something to avoid.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
"Movement"? Bowel movement!

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Short attention spans? Not trending as most popular right now?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I think cow shit is more useful than that idiot.
It makes the grass grow green.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile on that day, back in my former hometown, the teachers were covering up a potentially violent student.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index..._nj_schools_top.html

But they will be the first to demand new gun laws. The teacher's unions bought off the politicians so they will gloss this over.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some state colleges in California are apparently not impressed by the Parkland high school shooting survivor who helped become a voice for a global gun control movement.

David Hogg, 17, has so far been rejected by four University of California campuses — UCLA, UCSD, UCSB and UC Irvine, he told TMZ.

Hogg says fellow student activist Ryan Deitsch also got rejected from the University of California system. Emma Gonzalez will be going to the liberal arts school New College of Florida.

So two bottom of the barrel colleges??? In a year he'll be on welfare.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I think cow shit is more useful than that idiot.
It makes the grass grow green.

Now the moron shows his true colors. He's in this for himself.

quote:

Marjory Stoneman Douglas student and #NeverAgain activist David Hogg told Axios founder Mike Allen at an event in Washington on Friday that his high school feels "like a prison" since the shooting last month, with "hundreds of police officers" patrolling the campus.

He said this is a problem because the police are racist against black students: "What I'm very concerned about is the racial disparity between white and black students. For example, black students get suspended at a rate three times higher than white students."

Hundreds of police? Apparently counting is not one of his skills.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
So two bottom of the barrel colleges??? In a year he'll be on welfare.

Well with any luck in a year he will be giving hand jobs for rent under an overpass somewhere....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why are they calling Hogg a 'survivor'?

he wasn't even there

I could call myself a survivor and have the same credentials except I probably would have driven my car there - he hopped on his bicycle and pedaled there as fast as he could

the kid is a fraud

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were expecting 10,000 - and instead got 300.

Sounds like a good movie plot.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Hogg and Gonzalez can now state on their resumes that they were "a community organizer" during their high school years. Kind of like being a "supervisor of media logistics", in other words hanging advertisements on door knobs, a title with no substance.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Local high school had 4 of em walking the sidewalk today.

There were about 20 at our local high school. They were just standing on the corner without signs or banners. This is at a school with about 1900 students.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

he wasn't even there

I could call myself a survivor and have the same credentials except I probably would have driven my car there - he hopped on his bicycle and pedaled there as fast as he could

the kid is a fraud

Fraud he may be, but the narrative that he wasn't at school at the time of the shooting has been debunked numerous times. For weeks, now.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Local high school had 4 of em walking the sidewalk today.

There were about 20 at our local high school. They were just standing on the corner without signs or banners. This is at a school with about 1900 students.
Same here. Maybe three dozen. The local TV stations showed close-up only video so the size of the "crowd" was deceptive. Pravda for sure.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a year he'll be on welfare.

maybe not

saw article this morning that reported his so-far-absent mother, 'just happens to be' an executive at 'CNN'---whatever that is.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ukhayes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

he wasn't even there

I could call myself a survivor and have the same credentials except I probably would have driven

my car there - he hopped on his bicycle and pedaled there as fast as he could

the kid is a fraud

Fraud he may be, but the narrative that he wasn't at school at the time of the shooting has been debunked numerous times. For weeks, now.

He was there but by his own admission was in a separate building. He never saw the shooter nor was he shot at. That would make him a “student from a school of a mass shooting” as opposed to a “survivor”.

Posts: 496 | Location: White House,TN | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
'CNN'---whatever that is.....
CNN- it's a major outlet for DNC propaganda, based out of Atlanta.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
"Movement"? Bowel movement!

Beat me to it!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:

he wasn't even there the kid is a fraud

Hogg was there, made recordings of students. After school ended he went home, got a camera and returned.
As for "survivor" Hogg wasn't in the building where the shooting was.
Most likely he didn't know Cruz. Otherwise he'd and his posse would have made much of it. Best guess is none of them "reached out" to Cruz. They were probably the "cool" group.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018...g-parkland-shooting/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
For example, black students get suspended at a rate three times higher than white students."

Anybody else recall the numbers of prisoners in this country and the racial make-up?

According to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), African Americans constitute nearly 2.3 million of the total 6.8 million incarcerated population, and have nearly six times the incarceration rate of whites.[4] A 2013 study confirmed that black men were much more likely to be arrested and incarcerated than white men and that this disparity disappeared after accounting for self-reported violence and IQ.[5]

Edited to add:

The prison population grew by 700 percent from 1970 to 2005, a rate that is outpacing crime and population rates. The incarceration rates disproportionately impact men of color: 1 in every 15 African American men and 1 in every 36 Hispanic men are incarcerated in comparison to 1 in every 106 white men.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post