SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Student Anti-Gun Rally Flops
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Student Anti-Gun Rally Flops Login/Join 
posted
There was a student-led anti-gun rally st the Virginia capital today. All this week, the paper has been reporting that as many as 10,000 participants would attend. They are now reporting that 300 showed up. I wonder how many of the 300 were reporters? Maybe the backers will learn not to schedule these things so close to the weekend, when the students have more important things on their minds.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They didn't get 300 people because it's Friday. They got 300 people because the cachet is already beginning to fade.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That too.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Isn't the remedy for small crowds is to zoom in on the few dozen to make it look like a huge crowd?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Isn't the remedy for small crowds is to zoom in on the few dozen to make it look like a huge crowd?

That or pay some "protesters" and bus them in.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They didn't get 300 people because it's Friday. They got 300 people because the cachet is already beginning to fade.

Yeah, there was a good quote about that on the latest season of "Bosche" the wife and I were watching last night.

Anti-cop protesters outside. Comments were that with social media it is easy to drum up a protest...however, unlike the old-school grassroots way of protest organization that had real staying power and commitment, the new ones just as easily move on to the next shiny thing.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
And yet CNN and the leftist rags drum it up like it was some cathartic turning point with 100,000 kids.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Local high school had 4 of em walking the sidewalk today.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Local high school had 4 of em walking the sidewalk today.

I would have offered them $50 each to wear a "Eat Mor Chicken" sign for 5 hours....bet at least half would have done it....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The turd is loosing it's polish...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was Hogg boy there too ??? God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
It probably didn’t help they scheduled it on 4/20. Most were probably celebrating 420 and were too stoned to be motivated to go out and protest.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
Was Hogg boy there too ??? God Bless Smile

I think the 15 minutes of fame has gone by for that useful idiot.

Earlier this week he issued a press release about the release date for the book he's "writing". Out of curiosity, I checked both the Wash. Post and the New York Times.

Not a word from either of them. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

That or pay some "protesters" and bus them in.

Would liberals really do that? Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Waa waa waaaaaaaaaa

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Wasn't today a school day? Flunk each of them for the day, give their homework a zero, too.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's prom weekend? That always digs into a good anti-gun rally.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Wasn't today a school day? Flunk each of them for the day, give their homework a zero, too.

This.
And for how many days has Hogg been out of school now? A month plus? In my world, that says, "not gonna graduate."

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Local "news" droids made a big deal of it here, too Roll Eyes

As to Hogg being back in school: I stopped watching his Twitter feed a couple weeks ago, but I don't see how he could be in school with his busy celebrity schedule. Further: He's said he won't go back to school until "gun control is passed," whatever that means.

He also said he was going to delay starting college for a year to work on his movement (or whatever). Personally, I imagine he'll have little choice in the matter, as I can't see a college accepting him without a high school diploma, and, since he's not going back to school, well...

The obnoxious little twerp may find himself with a dead movement and put back a year in HS. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I think the 15 minutes of fame has gone by for that useful idiot.

Useful idiot? More like useless idiot. In fact, I think cow shit is more useful than that idiot.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post