SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is a 'taint team'?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a 'taint team'? Login/Join 
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted
Reading on Fox News about the raid on Trump's lawyers office and the formation of firewall and taint teams. What is a taint team?

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
neither fish nor foul err fowl

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
A “taint team” is a group of government attorneys who are not involved in the investigation of the underlying matter and are assigned only to review seized documents for privilege. The taint team will review the documents and then provide non-privileged documents to the trial team and return privileged documents to the party from whom they were seized. The prosecutors who are working on the underlying investigation and prosecution are usually referred to as the “trial team.”

In most cases, the defendant opposes the use of a taint team, because allowing the government to review any privileged documents undermines the privilege and runs the risk that documents will inadvertently, or deliberately, be shared between the taint team and the trial team.

Link.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
No idea.
Like the old joke, I'm not a gynecologist but I'm willing to take a look.
(applies only to females - max 40 yoa)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
it taint what you're thinking it is.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only the government would have an occupation known as a taint team.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Its a team of government attorneys that occupies the space between genitals and assholes.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It refers to a different definition of taint.

In this case, they are trying to avoid a tainted case. The use of people not on the prosecution team to evaluate and separate information is similar to computer companies employing staff to reverse-engineer code or devices and then provide only the general specifics to the team that will produce the new code or device.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, after they imprint their stamp of approval on the documents, is that called a "Taint Punch"?

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I’m the taint system is as robust as the system where people aren’t supposed to do insider trading. </sarcasm>

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Taint nothing to see here, move on.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw "What is a 'taint seam'?".
I came in for a good laugh only to find a question about lawyers....oh, wait.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
I saw "What is a 'taint seam'?".
I came in for a good laugh only to find a question about lawyers....oh, wait.

They are government lawyers, hence the 'taint' reference...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post