SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a pair of Woobies??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a pair of Woobies?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
https://woobiesshoes.com/produ...riant=31975859224643

Try to buy US made New Balance shoes but they are knocking on $200 if you don’t get them at Joe’s New Balance Outlet.
It has been a long time since they have had any in my size.

Stumbled across the Woobies this evening. American made not the best looking shoe out there but by no means terrible.

Kind of like Converse Chuck Taylors and Adidas Rod Lavers had a baby.

Are they comfy??
Just over $100 is not bad at all for a set of quality sneaks these days.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Woobies are blankets. Big Blanket should sue.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Woobies are poncho liners in my world. Cool

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Another vote for “woobies are poncho liners” Alex.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't wear poncho liners on your feet.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Unless you're on Naked and Afraid.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I see they are going for the BRCC vibe, no thanks.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
https://woobiesshoes.com/produ...riant=31975859224643

Try to buy US made New Balance shoes but they are knocking on $200 if you don’t get them at Joe’s New Balance Outlet.
It has been a long time since they have had any in my size.

Stumbled across the Woobies this evening. American made not the best looking shoe out there but by no means terrible.

Kind of like Converse Chuck Taylors and Adidas Rod Lavers had a baby.

Are they comfy??
Just over $100 is not bad at all for a set of quality sneaks these days.

Well as far as fashion they certainly make a statement. Not sure what that statement is but you will make a statement. The more I looked at them they started to grow on me but then I noticed that they dont have Wide sizes. Also, noticed that one of the three colors was Cementos. So you could order a pair of Cementos shoes. Sounds like a movie plot!!

Oh and they are made in Texas!!!

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I had one. Made 33° camping bearable. Now I have two.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Woobies are poncho liners in my world.

For sure, and those are just shitty, camo, blankets from Uncle Sugar that double as a poncho liner.

Colloquially called woobies because they look like children's blankets.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Woobie.
Snagged one when I left Uncle Sugars Magic Circus. Kept it for many years. Then my son was born, as he got older, he discovered the magical warmth and comfort of the Woobie. And also got rides on it as Daddy pulled him around on the hard wood floors for hours on end.
He snagged the Woobie from me.

I, Woobie-less, found the need to get another Woobie. So I purchased one off the internet. I will say, the new ones come in a nice compression sack. Which makes them easier to pack away.

So... I guess you can say I have a pair of Woobies.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
... Woobies are great, they are, but pretty soon they aren’t enough, your out on the street trying to score an electric blanket maybe a quilt and before you know it your strung out on comforters, that’s not good!!...

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They look like good shoes, love USA made footwear. I wish there were some retail stores to see them in person.

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I don't have them but would be willing to try them. Unfortunately they seem to run narrow and that won't work for me.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'll stay with New Balance.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soo, the company is owned by a former SFer and is endorsed by Tim Kennedy (probably also an investor) yet, he decided to name the company after a universally recognized nickname for the ubiquitous poncho liner.... Roll Eyes Whomever is giving this guy advice or, perhaps he ignored it, he needs to re-evaluate his 'branding'

Hats off for seeking out and supporting domestic production, its a very inexpensive design, doesn't require a lot of skill to manufacture but, not my style of shoe. I don't really have much of an urge to relive the styles of my 15-25 yr old self. Does each pair come with a flat-brim cap?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of the poncho liner woobie thing.

————————————————

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
They look like skate shoes with an expensive price tag on them. I could be wrong, but they look like they'd slip on a steep trail.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I have never heard of the poncho liner woobie thing.

You've got little tykes right? Maybe something to invest in for them. They'll be a hit. Upon my return from Iraq, my daughter commandeered mine and while it's seen better days, she still uses it daily (even at college). She saw how sad I was about loosing mine she caved a few years ago and bought me my own for Christmas.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
They look like skate shoes with an expensive price tag on them. I could be wrong, but they look like they'd slip on a steep trail.

$100 is pretty normal price for skate shoes and all are made overseas.

I just paid $95 for my Vans.
Probably will pick up these Axions in the near future and they are $95 as well.

https://axionfootwear.com/coll...twear/products/majik

Best pair of skate shoes I ever had were Axions and they cost $85 20 years ago.

————————————————