SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dad stands up for daughter accused of selling sex toys at school
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dad stands up for daughter accused of selling sex toys at school Login/Join 
Picture of callibird
posted
I remember having these slippery little buggers when I was little. Hopefully this is all cleared up for the little girl's sake.

Dad stands up for daughter accused of selling sex toys at school

RACINE, Wis. —
A Racine sixth-grader was suspended from school, accused of selling sex toys, but they were really something called water snakes. Now, her father is taking a stand.

"I thought, 'Wait, what's this word?' I never heard. Is it something I shouldn't know?" sixth-grader Frances Habeck said.

Frances said the principal of Trinity Lutheran Church and School in Racine taught her the name of a sex toy.

"When I found out what it was, I thought, 'Oh wow! I shouldn't have really learned this, that word that came out of her mouth.' It just, whoa, yeah," Frances said.

Frances said she had permission from a teacher to sell Water Snake Wigglies for a church fundraiser when students weren't in class. Frances' dad said the principal shamed his daughter before the start of a basketball game last month.

"The public shaming of my daughter, being called in front of other parents and children, her teammates and her coach. That she was selling sex toys," Milt Habeck said.

Dad said his daughter was suspended, and he wants it undone.

The school is on spring break this week but sent WISN 12 News a written statement from the Rev. David Gehne, saying in part,

"Several primary assertions against the school are inaccurate. It was asserted that a student was suspended for specifically selling something alleged to be a sex toy."

"That's not an assertion. That's a fact," Milt Habeck said.

"We have never asserted that a 'water snake' toy is a sex toy," Gehne said in the written statement.

"That's an incredible lie," Milt Habeck said.

"This got to me so badly my grades started to go down. I cried myself to sleep," Frances said.

"My prayer remains that this school, the leaders at this school, repent," Milt Habeck said.

The Trinity school board said the girl violated school policy for selling toys in school. It considers the matter resolved.

Frances' dad said he'll continue a public campaign to vindicate his daughter.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Very short on details... What did they call it? Did or did not the teacher give permission? Did her suspension have anything written as a reason? Was she reprimanded before the whole crowd, or did it just get around?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
There's a different article HERE, that tells a more detailed story. I'm thinking the school wasn't entirely wrong on this one.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Dad seems to be a bit of an activist here.

"I want her record cleared!". Her "record"? She's in the fifth grade for crying out loud. Yeah, that's going to effect what college she gets into. Roll Eyes

These people just need to admit that they all fucked up and get on with their lives.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Something tells me this kid will be in public school soon.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I remember those things when I was little. Funny thing was that It didnt dawn on me of people using/thinking they were a sex toy until I was in highschool.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Private school means private school rules. Add church. Maybe the school overreacted. Maybe dad should vote with his wallet. A sixth grade suspension isn't sending the kid on the path to ruin. If anything it's an opportunity to learn that sometimes adults, whether principals or dads, are dumb.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I remember those things from when I was a kid. They weren't clear though. If you grabbed them right you could shoot them a fair distance. I don't recall thinking of them in a sexual manner back then, now, with a few decades behind me I can see how someone might see it that way.

And as far as her recored, it is a PERMANENT record you know, absences, tardies, detentions, follow you forever.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I predict an entitled child in the future, a snowflake in the making. If you are a parent you should know stuff like this happens and move on. Kids can be very resilient if given proper guidance and support.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Suspension seems like a stiff punishment.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Those were prizes when I was in school for things like being one of the top fund raisers.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I am so dense.

How are those things sex toys?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I am so dense.

According to the second article posted by jbcummings, kids were being kids; they were making sexual references to the toys.....during class, resulting in class being disrupted. It was the father who claimed in the first article that they were being called sex toys by the school administration. The second article linked provides a lot more information from the school.

Little Snowflake was told to stop selling the toys, which she didn't, so she was suspended. Action = Consequences.......hopefully a life lesson for her, if she chooses to learn from it.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Suspension seems like a stiff punishment.

She was told to stop selling the toys in school, parents' were informed, but she continued to do so. A 1 day suspension seems fair.

Dad has succesfully made sure that everyone on earth will know what his daughter did in 6th grade. It's on the internet and that's about as permanent as it gets.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Actually, I was thinking the other way around. More because of the father's actions than the kid's, the school would boot the kid.

quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Private school means private school rules. Add church. Maybe the school overreacted. Maybe dad should vote with his wallet. A sixth grade suspension isn't sending the kid on the path to ruin. If anything it's an opportunity to learn that sometimes adults, whether principals or dads, are dumb.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
How silly, all of it...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I am so dense.

I don't think it will stand up in court.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it does not matter what the kids used them for, they are not listed as sex toys on the internet where you can buy them. People do not sell guns listed as murder items, so in that sense if someone murders somebody with a gun, are you gonna punish Sig, colt or Ruger? Yeah, it has been tried and I guess they are retrying to do that, just not right.
Although the internet says that it is a great stress reliever.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Bullshit.

First off, they aren't sex toys. Goddamn the clickbait bullshit news articles. People who create clickbait stories like this should be lined up against a wall and shot.

Second, Is it an overreaction on the school's part? Yes. Juvenile kids have juvenile minds. Dick/fart/sex jokes and naughty words. OH NOES!!!! Some kids act like typical asshat kids (cause adolecent kids ALL have their asshat moments, We did, our parents did, and our kids will). The school, in typical school over reaction fashion, decides the ONLY possible answer is to ban them all.

Third, with that all being said... The school IS within their rights to ban certain items on their property, especially if they are causing a disruption. They can also ban selling such items on school property or on school time or functions. If the kid and her dad don't like it, tough shit.

The butthurt is pretty strong all around. Every one needs to grow up. This is barely one step above grown adults calling the police because another grown adult bad mouths them on facebook...

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Water Snake Wigglies

Never heard of them. This is what Amazon sells by that name:

6th graders have some pretty wild imaginations.
quote:
sell Water Snake Wigglies for a church fundraiser

That's a new one, but hey, it's a (mostly) free country
quote:
Frances said she had permission from a teacher ..... ]The Trinity school board said the girl violated school policy for selling toys in school.

Assuming the girl actually did get permission, either the board is confused or the teacher is.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post