SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I guess Youtube is down - *Back Up!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess Youtube is down - *Back Up! Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
I thought it was my internet connection!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. Was wanting to research a few things this evening. Maybe later.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Maybe they got hacked. Couldn’t happen to anyone less deserving than YouTube!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Is something happening? I lost all internet service (Comcast) late last night.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Seems to be down. I can get search results, but can't play anything.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Definitely down, even videos that I have saved i my favorites/bookmarks won't play.

To be honest, I was growing a little tired of the political ads. Mostly local EVERY one for a Democrat or Liberal, not a single Republican ad appeared in any video in the last few weeks.

Wonder who did it and why.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Lately almost or every youtube I looked at had popups from malwarebites about websites blocked for trojans.

Scans were always clean.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Worldwide Outage.
I was really looking forward to watching some gross Mersa popping videos tonight.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Revenge of the Russian Bots.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The leading theory is that Youtube had a conservitive thought and gave its self a 30 day ban.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
just opened for me

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
works for me.

But it's amazing to think that one of the most popular sites in the world with data centers in several locations could go away, even for a little while. Maybe some DNS lookup issue??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's baaack.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It appears to be back up again. Apparently it was down world wide.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Same here! we were struggling trying to figure out what the hell happened, and suddenly it came back up.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Youtube down, internet out, massive power outages...hmmm...

YouTube investigating massive outage

YouTube confirmed the video-sharing site was down Tuesday night, but it wasn't immediately clear what caused the massive outage.

quote:
"Thanks for your reports about YouTube, YouTube TV and YouTube Music access issues," @TeamYouTube tweeted. "We're working on resolving this and will let you know once fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will keep you updated."

Just before 9:30 p.m. ET, YouTube users began reporting the site's outage, and the company confirmed the news at 9:41 p.m. ET.

The site seemingly went live again around 10:10 p.m. ET., but videos did not immediately appear to be working.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Fox News

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post