SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Am I hard to understand?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I hard to understand? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Just be straight with me. Do I not make sense sometimes? I don't seem to have problems here on this forum because the members here are exceptional and probably hot, too! On certain other forums I have trouble being understood. It's like I'm quoting Vogon poetry. In fact, I may as well be quoting Vogon poetry.

And, yes, there are other forums out there. Some just aren't worth the aggravation.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
It's like I'm quoting Vogon poetry

In reality, we all have those times. I do not have much trouble, if any, following your train of thought, although sometimes I wonder (not just with you- many times with my own posts upon re-reading) how much is sarcasm versus true thought.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have no trouble understanding you, I speak bendable.

But I am a meat eater, so I might have trouble with your poetry.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Shaka, when the walls fell. Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dope smoker.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Vagina what now?

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
What's the frequency Kenneth?

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
Shaka, when the walls fell. Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Carl and Marlin, at the Shell station.

Whatever you do, don't anticipate his dénouement.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQCjqS3k2To

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Chips dips chains and whips? That's a party, I'm in. Let us know when you get the dates figured out.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

Frank Sinatra: Luther Campbell.

Luther Campbell: Well, that's my bread and butter, man.

Frank Sinatra: Once more around, pal. Sounds like pops and buzzes from here.

Luther Campbell: I said, that's my bread and butter, man.

Frank Sinatra: No, you're wrong, schoolboy. You don't need to work blue! You'll never play the big rooms with that crap. Ask Redd Foxx. You don't need the blue stuff, kid, you got talent!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
< snip >

I see your bunny with a pancake on it and raise you a bunny with a pancake on it on a pancake.

As for Mark123's inquiry, you rarely obfuscate, use incorrect grammar or punctuation, and are reasonably understandable in what you've written.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31379 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're kidding, right? I come here for the same reason you do. It's the rest of the world that's freakin' insane.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah look, here's what y'anna do. Now this road right chere is Delbert Frumply Road, aight? Now, what y'anna do is go on down that a-aways 'bout 4 mile 'til you come to Rural Route 60. You'll see a little gas station and general store right there where you can get your various and sundry whatnot. Uhh anyhow, y'anna go east on 60 and that'll git you back somewhar 'bouts where you came in.

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Damn...I'm hot. Thank you, Mark.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I assume this is what you asked for.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, wrong room.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post