SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Am I hard to understand?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I hard to understand? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
My new car is red. Is there any special oil I should use?

Yes there is. Definitely use the OEM stuff, the oil I ordered for my new red car was crap. I will never go to Auto Zone again. For me its a no brainer.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I've figured this thread out. It's Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville's secret formula for sweeping the Nashville Predators in four games.

No, wait....

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The Jaberwock Poem

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

'Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!'

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood a while in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One two! One two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

'And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Mark you're hoping we can understand everything you say, but now you're wondering if what we hear is not what you mean? Try not to get addicted to articulation. You'll become so bumfuzzled only Professor Irwin will be able to understand you. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I think if you would type more slowly and maybe in all caps it would help...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rl9Cxc7uZA

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I read this whole thread just now. I think I got dumber with each word...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Mark, this suggestion will be really really helpful for enhancing your communication. Some people, like me, cannot read fast so please type your postings with a deliberate and s-l-o-w pace so that your words do not outrun our eyes.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the whole thread, and I am still just not sure exactly what you are getting at. ?!!?!?

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I like pizza....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I think you've all hurt my tender sensibilities. I'm just trying to be understood and accepted by society. I am not an animal! I am a human being!

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Like a great man once said: 'Fee po wanny'. Understand?

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what the OP's talking about?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Anyone know what the OP's talking about?

Mr. Mark123 is into Vogon poetry.

He's concerned that non-Vogonites will not understand.

Smile

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
Like a great man once said: 'Fee po wanny'. Understand?

So, we all get free ponies !!
Great Karma !! Wink

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I think you've all hurt my tender sensibilities. I'm just trying to be understood and accepted by society. I am not an animal! I am a human being!
Then what's with the trunk for a nose?

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
Don't let this distract you from the fact that if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Late to the party, but no, I never had trouble following your posts. In fact, I've come to look forward to seeing what your threads have to say since they so often have a high entertainment value.

Thinking in particular of your avatar when it was the clip from the "Washingtonnnn" meme as an example.

Now the fact that you hate eggs throws me a little...

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post