SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Optima Batteries
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optima Batteries Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
What a stinking shame it is when a good company with a good product decides that short term profit beats long term viability. How many decades of future purchases did they lose to get a few years of cheap labor in Mexico? Idiots!!

As bad as a Chinese battery?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

As bad as a Chinese battery?

Not sure it matters where junk is made. Once bean counters hear the siren song of maximizing short term profits, it's over.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I have had two Optima Red Top batteries last 4 years each in my 2003 Corvette. When the first one died I got the second but, it would not hold a charge. I returned it for a new one and it also lasted for 4 years again.
These batteires have to be used frequently (every 2 - 3 weeks) or they need a trickle charger. They do not last in static demos (garage queens).

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Red top Optima, circa 2002 install, went 9 years in AZ before it began to turn the engine a little slower than usual. A few months later, I figured I'd be better off replacing it before I got stuck somewhere. Reading the deterioration in quality, and knowing what the cost was going to be, I out a regular battery in. Not worth the expenditure on a car I was selling.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I say just get a high-end Interstate battery and call it a day. There are only like two places that make all the batteries you see out there.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post