SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scott Adams Blog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scott Adams Blog Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
I've been listening to some of the 'Periscope' audios and reading a few of the blogs of Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert.

He's got some interesting observations and expresses himself very well. Recently the 'psychologist Dr. Lee' has been knocked about regarding an article she supposedly wrote.

Perhaps its more Fake News. Here's a short quote and link to an interview with her.
http://blog.dilbert.com/2018/0...vel-time/#more-16728

"Keep in mind that all of the personality negatives that are reflected in the old-timey presidential approval polls are exactly what is scaring North Korea into the arms of “good cop” South Korea. President Trump’s tweets didn’t cause a war; they caused North Korean flexibility, exactly as I predicted.

And if you are still worried about President Trump’s mental health, I’ll do a Periscope later today to tell you how badly the media has abused the public on that topic. For a preview, check out this interview that Dr. Drew did with Dr. Bandy Lee on her opinions of President Trump’s mental health.

http://www.kabc.com/2018/01/09...elt-also-concerning/

The media reported her as saying he was mentally unfit. That wasn’t the case. She has no professional opinion on the President’s mental capacity because she has never met him. Her primary concern is about societal violence as a result of his presidency. That is completely different from what has been reported all week. I nominate this story for the Fake News Awards. I think it can be a finalist."

I can only report the brief scan I did of what I ~thought~ was a quoted essay from her, perhaps wasn't, or else Adams is wrong too.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. I've forwarded the info to a group of people I know so that it can go in one ear and out the other. Maybe it will keep their earwax buildup down.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post