SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World map of corruption
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World map of corruption Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted

Seems interesting. Maybe useful for making vacation plans...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Obviously they are not counting campaign contribution/extortions.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Source?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Looking at that map, it is very clear: Whites are the most evil people on the planet.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Source?

Yes, please, where did the data come from, who put it together.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Apologies
LINK

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I guess it's just too cold in Greenland to be corrupt.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The map is missing a dark red spot right around the DC area.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I did not know that Israel has as much corruption as indicated on that map.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Apologies
LINK
Your OP and your link are both from 2010.

Here is the 2017 publication (ie. corruption up to 2016).

Biggest changes I noticed was:
  • the English and Irish switched
  • Brazil became less corrrupt (weird?)
  • the Arab spring made the ME and N. Africa more corrupt.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    "Transparency International"?

Who the hell are they?

--------------------------
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    -- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
    -- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    stupid beyond
    all belief
    Picture of Deqlyn
    posted Hide Post
    The more corrupt the more likely you can buy your way out of trouble Razz

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    So...basically this planet is uninhabitable.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Not really from Vienna
    Picture of arfmel
    posted Hide Post
    ^^ well, except for the Antarctic region.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    Scandinavia looks OK.

Looks like the colder the climate, the less corruption. Except for Siberia.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ChuckFinley
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you very much for the update, TatorTodd!

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by V-Tail:
    Scandinavia looks OK.

Looks like the colder the climate, the less corruption. Except for Siberia.
    As someone who has lived in Alaska, and dealt with several government entities in the Alaska's arctic circle I would vehemently disagree. Some of the corruption that goes on would make Bill Clinton do a double take.

Globally, the arctic circle tends to be very small villages with everyone related to everyone. With the exception of Russia, I would suspect that like Alaska the subarctic regions are exponentially less corrupt.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post