SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ohio woman, 'I have a boa constrictor stuck to my face'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio woman, 'I have a boa constrictor stuck to my face' Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I just really don't know what to say about this Roll Eyes

An Ohio woman called 911 Thursday after a 5-foot-6-inch boa constrictor she had rescued wrapped itself around her face and began biting her nose.

The victim, a 45-year-old woman of Sheffield Lake, which is about 10 miles west of Cleveland, called authorities after one of the two boa constrictors she rescued the previous day had attacked her. The recording of her 911 call was released.

“I have a boa constrictor stuck to my face,” the woman yelled.

“Ma’am you have what?” the 911 dispatcher asked.

“Boa constrictor,” the woman repeated. “Please hurry. He’s biting my nose.”

“I’ve never heard of this before,” the dispatcher was heard saying.

Rescuers arrived within minutes and found the woman lying in the bloodied driveway of her home, the snake holding tight just as she described. A firefighter had to cut the snake’s head with a pocket knife in order to release the woman from its grasp. The woman, who was not identified, was transported to the hospital for treatment. She suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Dennis Bring, Sheffield Lake’s mayor, said he was pleased with how authorities handled the incident, according to WAFB.

“I’m just really pleased with the paramedic’s response and you know the thought, to think that quick to take out a pocket knife,” Bring told WAFB.

“Obviously he had to destroy the snake, but he had no other choice,” Bring said.

The woman told the dispatcher during the call that she had rescued boa constrictors on Wednesday and that she owned nine ball pythons.

“I would imagine the bite was very painful so she’s going to have to put up with that awhile, too. And now she’s going to have to make a decision on whether she continues to do this,” Bring said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...tuck-to-my-face.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Craziest story I have read this month. Why do people feel compelled to have these as "pets"??

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
Craziest story I have read this month. Why do people feel compelled to have these as "pets"??

I know some dogs will bite but just damn,this is stupid.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7540088724

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
no sympathy - sort of like keeping scorpions for pets

moron got what she deserved - send her a bill for time and materials

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

The victim, a 45-year-old woman of Sheffield Lake, which is about 10 miles west of Cleveland, called authorities after one of the two boa constrictors she rescued the previous day had attacked her.

Ah, the classic tale of the girl and the snake...

"How could you do this to me?"

"You knew what I was when you picked me up," he hissed as he slithered away.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a "The Far Side" cartoon. Two detectives are in a room where an alligator is propped up against a wall, with a man's legs sticking out of its mouth. And two boas are constricting the alligator. One detectives says to the other, "I've seen this kind of thing before, and it isn't pretty!"

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
It's a shame about the snake.

A boa, especially one that size, can be "unwrapped" relatively easily if you start at the tail.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Sorry about the size and dark picture, the caption reads: "After 22 uneventful years at the zoo's snakehouse, curator Ernie Schwartz has a cumulative attack of the willies."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never understood the reptile pet thing Confused Cats, dogs, hamsters, rabbits, etc. kinda think like humans. Reptiles are pretty much hard wired to live and eat to keep living. I'm pretty sure they have a "wow" factor when guests come over... be careful of the constrictors and vipers while I make you a cocktail.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's lucky she was able to talk on the phone. That thing could have easily wrapped her neck and cut her blood supply killing her.

Posts: 3918 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
What about the infection of the snake bite?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
And now she’s going to have to make a decision on whether she continues to do this,” Bring said.

Ummm, I know the decision I would make. But, that may be because I do not like snakes.

On the plus side, I always carry a nice, sharp knife. I've done this for at least 35 years now.
It is truly amazing what one can accomplish on the spur of the moment with just a nice, sharp
knife.....

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I say this all the time, but here we have it...Reno 911 is the most realistic police show ever. You cannot package the world of Patrol into TV and have anyone believe it...it has to be a comedy.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
There will always be people doing stupid stuff, no way around it. The idea is to be away from them while they do the stupid stuff.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the mouse tattoo on her nose wasn't such a great idea.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
It's a shame about the snake.

A boa, especially one that size, can be "unwrapped" relatively easily if you start at the tail.

-Rob

I'd bet that they're even easier to unwrap after they've been beheaded. I don't like boas.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post