SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    IA/IL Quad Cities businesses to post new signs that aim at welcoming ‘all people’
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IA/IL Quad Cities businesses to post new signs that aim at welcoming ‘all people’ Login/Join 
posted
This Q2030 group is comprised of young, hip people who are smarter than us because, well...they're young and hip. https://www.q2030.org/ Worse, they've linked up with the "One Human Family" wackos https://www.facebook.com/onehumanfamilyqca/

These signs will say:

We welcome all people

All: Abilities, ages, countries of origin, gender identities. Races and ethnicity,
religions, sexual identities, spoken languages.

We welcome all.
Roll Eyes

(I wonder if that welcome includes CCW holders...)

Article about the new signs with videos:

https://wqad.com/2018/11/15/ne...uad-city-businesses/

New signs aim at welcoming ‘all people’ to Quad City businesses

POSTED 4:18 AM, NOVEMBER 15, 2018, BY RYAN JENKINS, UPDATED AT 11:11AM, NOVEMBER 15, 2018

MOLINE, Illinois -- One Human Family QCA is distributing new signs in the business community that aim to set a friendly, apolitical tone throughout the Quad Cities region.

The fliers are designed for businesses that welcome all people and happily serve all customers. Interested leaders of organizations may tape to the door of their workplace the free sign that reads, “We welcome all people.”

The new signs currently come in three sizes: 24” by 18”, 8.5” by 11” and 4” by 6”. They are available for pickup at:

Metropolitan Community Church of the Quad Cities, 2930 W. Locust St., Davenport
Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce, 1601 River Drive, Moline
SIS International Fair Trade Center, 108 E. 2nd St., Davenport

Because it aligns with their mission, members of the Q2030 Welcoming & Inclusive Workgroup are also planning to collaborate with One Human Family to develop a training program for participating businesses.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bendable will be happy. I wonder if that includes Cook County?

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Bendable will be happy. I wonder if that includes Cook County?

Bendable is in IL on the edge of the Quad Cities, we're about 150 miles west of Chicago. The Quad Cities are (IL side) Rock Island & Moline and (IA) Davenport and Bettendorf.

Even though you're in MS I can get one and send it to you...

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
If I ever won the lottery, a large amount of my winnings would be pissed away on stuff like this. I would rent a billboard a few hundred yards behind every one of these that said "No we don't. Piss off." or something to that effect. Seeing it every time I drove by would make me giddy.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even though you're in MS I can get one and send it to you

LOL It would be a big hit here.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
We welcome all peopleAll: Abilities, ages, countries of origin, gender identities. Races and ethnicity,religions, sexual identities, spoken languages. We welcome all.

EXCEPTIONS: White, Conservative, law-abiding gun owners and Capitalists. Christians and citizens of the US are subject to additional approval.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw this one coming. Glad we are not in Iowa any more. Definitely urban vs. rural there, and blue urban seems to be winning. Frown

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post