SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeep got rear ended this morning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeep got rear ended this morning Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
If there's no damage, there's no diminished value.

It's very unlikely there's no damage. Jeeps love to have buckle the tailgate when they get hit in the spare tire.

If he files a claim, get your damage repaired through his company and pursue a claim for diminished value through them.

Except I can’t pick up the phone and call the guy, since my wife didn’t get his name. Or number.

Can’t find out if they are filing a claim, without either filing one myself or waiting to see if his insurance tries to contact me...with the phone number they don’t have.

See one of my predicaments?

Take your spare tire off and check for damage. If none, I wouldn't worry about it.

If there is, call the company on the card and ask them if there is a claim was filed.

I get that you're upset about her not getting the info, it happens. No point in grousing over it anymore, just gotta deal with it.

That’s the plan. But I figured it was much wiser to vent here than to my wife! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chongosuerte,

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I figured it was much wiser to vent here than to my wife! Smile
Good point. Wait . . .

Does your wife read this forum?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s the plan. But I figured it was much wiser to vent here than to my wife! Smile

That part is definitely true!

I guess I was confused as to whether this was a complain about the wife thread or a what do I do thread.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
One issue she is missing is an injury to her may not be apparent for a day or two.

Posts: 17883 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
The question about diminished value was the main point other than the complaining.

Since the Jeep is new and involved in a wreck, especially if I find any damage, I want to be made whole.

If the plastic grill of the Ford was all that was damaged I wouldn’t be concerned. But they need a new hood and a new bumper. Not an insignificant amount of force.

Plus the potential late signs of whiplash as mentioned.

And advice about driving on a wheel/tire hit by a truck. Tires are getting rotated next week and I’ll be driving on it. Don’t want it to fly apart at 80mph.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Good visual and spin balance will answer some questions.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have a copy of their insurance card? Call the insurance company.

If the truck hit your vehicle hard enough to do that type of damage, I'd be surprised if there isn't damage to your vehicle.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
And advice about driving on a wheel/tire hit by a truck. Tires are getting rotated next week and I’ll be driving on it. Don’t want it to fly apart at 80mph.

When you have them rotated, tell the tire place what happened. Ask them to inspect that spare for any damage. Some of these places won't let you in the garage to watch, but try to talk to the tech who actually does the work.

quote:
Good visual and spin balance will answer some questions.

Yep.

chongo, I understand your frustration with your wife. I've been there. Women.... and cars. Roll Eyes Sometimes it seems like our cars are more reliable. We love them both, but cars are easier to replace.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
This is what I don’t understand...you have their insurance information...can’t you get everything you need from that?

quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

If the truck hit your vehicle hard enough to do that type of damage, I'd be surprised if there isn't damage to your vehicle.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

This is what I don’t understand...you have their insurance information...can’t you get everything you need from that?
Maybe not. The insurance card is associated with the vehicle, not with the driver.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

You assume their insurance information is valid. Or that they are going to be honest with the insurance company.

In my experience of being a cop for more than a decade, that is not always the case. That’s why more information is required.

-JALLEN

Saluki
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, women just don't have a sentimental attachment to machinery. My wife thinks no more about a knife than a sewing machine, or a car, or a dishwasher. Either it's working and dependable or it isn't. Scratch or dent? Meh, I gotta go to town, it'll make it right? Now a Quilt, or a scrapbook, or a candlestick, that shit will get her wound up. Different priorities I guess.

I had a similar problem this past winter. Took a shit ton of photos, insisted on the police. Lady cop, lady driver. Both were meh, shit happens, I guess I should write something up, hang on. Everyone acted like adults, accepted responsibility, had insurance etc.

Good luck to you. And about that wheel, if it's cast aluminum be particularly critical about it. Years and years ago I had the center come out of one that was miss treated, it took a few thousand miles. I don't think it was a coincidence.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

You assume their insurance information is valid. Or that they are going to be honest with the insurance company.

In my experience of being a cop for more than a decade, that is not always the case. That’s why more information is required.

True, but it is a place to start.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post