SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon prime day deals? Post here, please
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon prime day deals? Post here, please Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
So, each year Prime day seems more like a garage sale in which they get rid of their home made goods and unwanted items, but perhaps the brain trust here can find good deals?

If so, please post here. 6% back on purchases is nice.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 1TB Sony PS4 with Horizon: Zero Dawn and Spider-Man for $249 and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse for $12.99. Not much else really excited me.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Eero Pro set (base plus 2 beacons) half off ($199 vs $399)

These are top notch mesh wi-fi range extension units. The difference between the base and the beacons is that the base has Ethernet cable connection in the back, while the beacons don't.

Have a 3-eero setup at a large rental house. Very easy to set up and manage. The tech support I've gotten for my two nitpicky questions was quick, US based, and spot-on. Just bought a set for my home using this deal Smile

Highly recommended, if you have a large house and need better wifi coverage.

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Some pretty good deals on large capacity Sandisk cards, no CF, though. I'll pick up one 128GB SD card for my camera.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Sonic care toothbrush under 50$

https://www.amazon.com/Philips...A8XAQQBT9X009THPF2ZB

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Got a Fire 7 for $30, and a case for it for $10. GF has had one for about 6 months and loves it for a simple, web browsing tablet.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to pick up an Amazon firestick for $15 but the site is giving me an error adding it to my cart. Ill try later.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
I'm avoiding Amazon for the next two days so that I won't be tempted to buy stuff I don't need and wasn't otherwise shopping for. It had the opposite effect on me every year!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Trying to pick up an Amazon firestick for $15 but the site is giving me an error adding it to my cart. Ill try later.
They're out of stock now, which seems impossible. But the 4k is also a good deal.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Squatty Potty for $17.49 !

I have not used, but a lot of people seemed to like them on an old thread about toilets.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
I'm avoiding Amazon for the next two days so that I won't be tempted to buy stuff I don't need and wasn't otherwise shopping for. It had the opposite effect on me every year!

That's about where I am.

I'm in the process of building the man cave. I know I have more to spend on that, so I'm exercising restraint.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
GoPro Hero 5 Black for $149.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LifeStraw for $10.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
LifeStraw for $10.

I just bought two of those for my boys who are leaving on a scout trip in a couple of weeks to the High Uintas. Thanks for the lead.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I’ll probably pick up the 6qt Instapot they have for $55.99. They also have Vitamix blenders $289.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drabfour,

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
I’ll probably pick up the 6qt Instapot they have for $55.99. They also have Viatmix blenders $289.
Can you post a link to the Instapot you're looking at? I'm also in the market for one.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Guys, if you're throwing out options of recommendations, can you please include a link for the rest of us.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
I’ll probably pick up the 6qt Instapot they have for $55.99. They also have Viatmix blenders $289.
Can you post a link to the Instapot you're looking at? I'm also in the market for one.

https://www.amazon.com/Instant...DKIKX0DER&th=1&psc=1

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vitamix 5200 for $279 plus tax

Posts: 289 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post