SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your Favorite Fruit?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favorite Fruit? Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Strawberrys

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Milo Yiannopoulos Wink Big Grin

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I can't narrow it down to 1, so here's my top 2.

I love the 4012 Oranges and the Pacific Rose Apple.

Then, if and when available, a really good and fresh Hawaiian papaya with a fresh lime squeezed over it. Must be a Hawaiian papaya, none other are as good.

Desert several nights a week is a bowl of strawberries, blueberries and banana with a spritz of whipped cream.

Peaches are wonderful when fresh, I have 2 peach trees in the back yard. I'll make peach jams and jellies out of the ones I don't devour, freeze or can.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Mangosteen.

I've never seen them in the US, but if you ever see them, buy a whole lot of them.

Trying to describe their flavor is like trying to describe a new color. They have a coarse brown rind, and, inside, the fruit is sectioned, sort of like an orange. How good are they?

In Sri Lanka they are only available for a few weeks, when they are in season. I had my driver take me to Kandy to buy some at the market. I forgot that General Zia, then the president of Pakistan, was in town for the day. So, we drove into a sea of people just as the General was arriving in a motorcade preceded by lance carrying horsemen.

My driver began looking around desperately, trying to find a route out of this madness. But I had spied a mangosteen stand. "Stay right here!" I yelled, opened the door, and jumped out into the insanity.

I made it back with two bags of mangosteens, a few bruises, and only one shoe.

Yes, they are that good. Wink

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
on the rare occasions that you can find good one's, plums.

the short shelf life makes it tough to find

Growing up in Michigan, a "neighbor" (several miles away) had a plum orchard. When they were tree-ripe, we'd go over and get a bunch (a bushel, maybe?) and Mom would can them, pits and all. They're excellent fresh of course, but they're also a treat canned along about February...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Red raspberries.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Already posted Honeycrisp apples but someone mentioned plums. Damned hard to find around here but the golden yellow plums are fantastic.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My favorite fruit is ripe fruit, which I don't think I've had in 35+ years.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild blueberries picked from Grayson Highlands State Park in Virginia.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Peach.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Simply...a peach...I be loving me some "just right" (where the juice runs down your chin) ripe peaches Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Apples. Pink lady or ambrosia.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I guess my favorites are Pink Lady, Gala, or green (unripened) delicious apples. A good, potent orange is right behind.

I won't touch the following:

Peaches
Apricots
Plums
Tomatoes (Most disgusting thing to ever come out of the ground, IMHO)

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Lime...

Lime in my Mexican beer.
Lime with my high $$$ Tequila.
Lime in my guacamole..
Lime in my meat marinade.

Lime.

A good ripe Texas pink grapefruit is a close second....

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pluots, but ask me tomorrow and it might be mangos or or plums. Hard to pick just 1.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aloha,
I like Dragon Fruit, comes in different colors both outside and inside.

What is usually sold

The inside

Fairly bland tasting but very good for your health.

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toss up between a good ripe eating (versus cooking) pear or a tree ripe peach.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
Once, when my daughter was younger, I asked her what fruit she would like with her dinner. She answered, "steak." That's my child.

Anyhow, the correct answer is blackberries.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Gee, that's a tough one. I don't know that I have favorites, because for me it's seasonal.

As a side note, we're having an elderly friend over on the 4th who has been on a restricted diet and has a hard time getting around with arthritis, and she really like fruit, but hasn't been exposed to too many international types, so we went over to our local "exotic" food store, Jungle Jim's, and picked up a variety of fruits she has never tried, various mangoes, papayas, some lychees, dragonfruit, etc. We'll see what her favorite it. Smile

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YogiBear:
Aloha,
I like Dragon Fruit, comes in different colors both outside and inside.

What is usually sold

The inside

Fairly bland tasting but very good for your health.

I've been told the more common white-fleshed type is more bland. I've never had the darker dragon fruit but would like to try.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post