SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your Favorite Fruit?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favorite Fruit? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I can't answer this thread without cheating. My official answer is tomatoes. My unofficial answer fruit salad. If I had to pick one non tomato fruit it would reluctantly be pineapples.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Mines a pear only if it's fresh and crunchy.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Pineapple.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm in Hawaii then it has to be fresh pineapple....if I'm at home peach.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Mango mango mango.
Who are you and why are you posting with sigmonkey's account?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although tomatoes may be botanically a berry type fruit; most of us consider them to be a culinary vegetable.

The vast majority of the "great unwashed" (myself included) do not include tomatoes among the list of fruits.

Yes, I'm very fond of vine ripened heirloom tomatoes --- but they'll never be anything other than a vegetable to me.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Is Agave a fruit?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
A tree ripened and plucked Mango. Hayden I believe but not sure as the tree is at an abandoned home site. The house was demolished in 2006. Leaving about 6 full grown producing tree's. It's brcome a game to see who gets the fruit first me or the squirrels!

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
You all named fruits that come in second to the Rainier Cherry. The king or fruit, only for a fleeting week to 10days can you enjoy this perfect sugar morsel.
Any day now............

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

I love peaches and the season is close to being upon us Big Grin

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I have an apple tree in my yard, I'm not sure of the correct name but the apples are like a yellow delicious but the skin is rusty looking. We've always called them Rustycoats, but I'm sure that's not right.
Anyway, when they're dead ripe and I'm out mowing grass, there's nothing better than getting in the shade and pulling off a fresh one for a snack.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
Peaches

My grandfather used to say, "The Lord could've made a better dish than peaches and cream, but He didn't see any need to."

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
A good peach is hands down the best. The very best "other fruit" is second best always.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on the rare occasions that you can find good one's, plums.

the short shelf life makes it tough to find

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
Mango for sure. Peaches and pineapple after that.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
black plums, followed by kiwi

then raspberries, blueberries and strawberries

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Pink Lady apples are hard to beat.

Pineapple would be a very close second.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Ron Jeremy on drums?

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

I love peaches and the season is close to being upon us Big Grin

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Huckleberry's first, then Pineapple. I sure wish they could come up with a way to commercially grow them, but so far the only way get them is to go into the mountains and pick them yourself or buy from someone that picks and sells them. Huckleberry cobbler is to die for.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Peaches by far during the season. I just enjoyed one about an hour ago.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post