SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your Favorite Fruit?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favorite Fruit? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
One only, no cheating. Assume best of breed, best you've ever had. For me, I think it's a mango.

+1

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
vine ripened Strawberries - the ones that are red all the way thru.
Me, too. (#2 are peaches)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
refrigerated Seedless Grapes are my favorite by a long shot, but I like most others as well.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Mango mango mango.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fresh cut pineapple right off my own plants! And I got a slew of plants Smile

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I never met a fruit I didn't like.

No. Wait. Let me rephrase that...

Seriously, I can't choose. Whatever is in season, tree/vine ripened and FRESH.

A top contender would be peaches. As a kid we used to get a couple bushels from the SW Michigan fruit belt in season. I'd have the shits for days.

The one trip I made to California, I had a home-made peach pie from freshly-picked peaches. That's what I imagine Heaven to be like.

Can't get a decent peach around here.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'm going to say banana. It's so consistent over time, and just has a perfect blend of sweet and filling. There are more exotic and intense fruits, but I'll take banana as my fav. Add a little dipping cinnamon and or all-natural peanut butter if you want to kick it up a notch. BAM!

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Tomatoes then bananas.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mangoes. I especially like the variety the call the "Alfonso". It is available at Indian grocery stores.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peaches.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Peaches

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Tomatoes

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strawberries.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Raspberries. On vanilla ice cream or a puree on a flourless chocolate cake.

Prince sang about it: She wore a raspberry puree.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Forbidden!

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Pink Grapefruit!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Avocados are my fav. You might be inclined to call it a vegetable, thanks to its green hue and savory taste, but the avocado is technically a fruit, and even more specifically, a single-seeded berry. A fruit is “the matured ovary of a flower,” according to University of California Agriculture & Natural Resources.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I never really thought much about it. I like most fruit. Sometimes on its own, sometimes in a pie, or in a bowl with cream, or sliced with ice cream. Can't say that I really have one particular favorite.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I love all fruit but theses day can only eat berries, peaches and melons...high water content fruits.

Out of these blueberries and watermelon get my vote.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post