SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your Favorite Fruit?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favorite Fruit? Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted
One only, no cheating. Assume best of breed, best you've ever had. For me, I think it's a mango.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I make terrific fruit salad. They're all my favorites, apples, pears, berries, banana, kiwi, melons, peaches.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Apples.

Honeycrisp first, then fuji.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Apples

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
oddball nailed it. Honeycrisp apples.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Peaches.

Posts: 20087 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pick just one, mango. I tend to tropical fruits, but like many. Especially in pie.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Peaches. No....wait....Mangos! no.....peaches.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Fresh pineapple and I eat a lot of it (thank God for Costco). Cantaloupe or honeydew are a close second.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Bananas. No, wait – tomatoes are fruit. Tomatoes.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
vine ripened Strawberries - the ones that are red all the way thru

I grew up in blueberry country and u-pick blueberries were awesome

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
oddball nailed it. Honeycrisp apples.

I will see your Honeycrisp and raise you a Pink Lady.

My absolute favorite fruit by far though are peaches. and any kind of melon. and Berries. and pineapple.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A second vote for fresh pineapple!

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Blueberries here. Although, I love all kinds of fruit.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Tomatoes ... eat tons of them, but never on a fruit salad

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I make terrific fruit salad. They're all my favorites, apples, pears, berries, banana, kiwi, melons, peaches.

Fruit Salad, yummy yummy

Sorry, this is what happens when one has six kids.

I like Gala apples...

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cherries.

Posts: 752 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
It's gotta be a sweet, juicy, crisp, ice cold watermelon...with juuuuuust a sprinkle of salt.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Very hard to do, especially where so much fruit is grown. Hard to pick a favorite out my top three (strawberry, peach, boysenberry), however....

Assuming all are at their exact right ripeness....... man, hard to pick.

Boysenberry.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also agree with mangoes. So rich, juicy, and a complex umami flavor with a hint of citrus, Mmmmm.....

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post