SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Life's Simple Pleasures - Vine Ripened Maters and a Shaker of Salt
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life's Simple Pleasures - Vine Ripened Maters and a Shaker of Salt Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
Tomato grown organically in my garden:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

The next best scenario adds Merita white bread and Mayonaise.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Man do those look good compare to what I have available to purchase.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
OOOOOhhhh ! Want !!!!

Very nice and very rewarding.

Every try a little drizzle of a good Balsamic Vinegar and a really good ball of Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or chopped?

I don't have tomatoes anywhere near ripe yet, but am so looking forward to it.

What variety of tomato is that?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You know it! My kids think I'm crazy when I do it, but their loss and more tomatoes for me. You're gonna have to change your screen name now, matertodd.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I dont care for tomatoes, but those do look fantastic. My wife would enjoy them.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I have been a tomato fan forever. I love a fat, juicy tomato and a ton of salt. Best fruit I can think of. I travel for work and don't have time but several people who live near me have huge gardens and sell the extra veggies. Got to love a great tomato!

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those look terrific, Todd! What variety?

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
There is nothing better than a homegrown tomato. My mom’s plants are doing well and she has given me several, which I have used to make BLT sandwiches. I planted my garden too late so I am doing okra, green beans, and squash.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Every try a little drizzle of a good Balsamic Vinegar and a really good ball of Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or chopped?
I rarely make my slicers into caprese salad. Instead, I make Caprese salad kabobs with my garden's cherry tomatoes and basil. Then, I buy Fresh Mozzarella Ciliegine (the little cherry size mozarella balls packed in water or whey). I tear the basil leaves in quarters and use toothpicks as the kebob skewer. Each kebob contains 1 cherry tomato, 1/4 basil leaf, and 1 Mozzarella Ciliegine ball. On the plate (i.e. under the skewers) have a olive oil, pepper, and balsamic vinegar mixture.
quote:
What variety of tomato is that?
heatmaster

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
My mom’s plants are doing well and she has given me several, which I have used to make BLT sandwiches.
BLTs are on the menu for tomorrow. I love this time of year.

Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Yeah Buddy!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It'll be 3 months before ours are ready. Looking forward to it. Fresh cucumbers are a treat as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
[slather mode ON]

dang them's nice!!!

Our plants are doing well but not even to the blossom stage....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Fresh cracked pepper too!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I don't know about "organic," but tomorrow (brag) I'm planning on picking the first ripe tomato (Big Beef) of the season out of my garden, and shortly thereafter constructing a slap yo' mama BLT. A small pleasure to be sure, but no less profound. Even better if I can beat the birds/vermin to the treasure!

Those who speak of purchasing truly do not understand, with the small exception for the next three weeks on the roadside stands in New Jersey and Delaware. Even then, you have to race home to enjoy the full experience.

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
My grandfather used to peel the skin off of a tomato, salt it, and then proceed to eat it like an apple while drinking a Heineken. Then he'd school me on gambling or women or crooked politicians. None of which I understood at 12 or 13. Miss him.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
slap yo' mama BLT.

is that the special Louisiana hot salt prep or something else? I got some Slap yo' Mama sitting waiting for some ripe tomatoes....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those look great. I don't even remember what REAL tomatoes look or taste like. The grocery store tomatoes suck.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Love it!!! I finally got to eat of few off my plants. A world of difference vs. store bought crap.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post