SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, got to see some Eagles today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, got to see some Eagles today. Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Yes, it was 34 degrees, it was pouring rain, the wind was howling, I was getting soaked by road spray from passing cars on the Seward Highway and I just flat out didn't care because there were EAGLES! Lots and lots of EAGLES! Got to see them feeding out on the tidal flats of Turnagain Arm during low tide.

Yes, I've seen them dumpster diving in the parking lot of the Burger King in Ketchikan, yes one took a ginormous dump on the windscreen of my snowmachine, but I don't care, because to quote Gary Larsen, "Birds of prey know they're cool!"

Yeah, all those little black dots out there are Eagles.

See, told ya' they're Eagles. Pictures really can't convey the sense of motion; it was constant and amazing.

Never, ever, leave your wingman.

America, fuck yeah!

Tower, this is Ghostrider requesting a flyby...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Birds of Prey are amazing, thanks for sharing the photos.

I was watching the lake today and an Osprey was circling for awhile, then PLOOOSH... it dove into the water and emerged a second or two later with a nice bass in it's clutches... it had to circle about 4 times until it got enough altitude to perch in the high trees...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Amazing birds, aren’t they?

I’m off today, so Mrs.BurtonRW and I are headed to Blackwater NWR for some eagle spotting. It’s nesting season and we have probably a dozen mating pairs there. Lots of osprey, too. Good times.

Thanks for sharing.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post