SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Minneapolis - a city that does not need police (grab your vomit bag)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minneapolis - a city that does not need police (grab your vomit bag) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
And this ladies and gents, is the city I dwell and work in. Sigh.

Some City Council candidates say they can envision a Minneapolis without police

The candidates said that is an ideal future, but not realistic right now.

http://www.startribune.com/loc...polis/449500303.html

Asked “Do you believe that we could ever have a city without police?” two incumbents and five serious challengers running for City Council answered “yes.”

Those candidates, who responded to the question for a voter guide compiled by the nonprofit Voices for Racial Justice and published with Pollen Midwest and Rhymesayers Entertainment, said Wednesday they do not plan to eliminate the police department. Instead, several said, they were describing an ideal future in which inequality and racism are eliminated and government policy has solved many of the social problems now handled by police arresting and imprisoning people

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they expect transportation to be fueled by positive thoughts and unicorn farts too.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long it will be before they realize how horrible that decision was if implemented

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
When all of mankind has passed from this world, then shall police no longer be needed.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
This type of idiocy is why I left there 25 years ago.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would likely get similar answers in Madison, WI. Each one tries to out-idiot the others.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Each one tries to out-idiot the others.

LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to hear Tommy B. tomorrow.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Well, I suspect the whole world will have no need for police, right after the end of Armageddon.

Until that happens, there will be an increasing need for police.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Instead, several said, they were describing an ideal future in which inequality and racism are eliminated and government policy has solved many of the social problems now handled by police arresting and imprisoning people

Is it just me or were similar statements made by Communist Bloc countries on why their society was better than the Free World's?

So why did the USSR have an alcoholism problem for years? And what about all the uniformed and secret police behind the Iron Curtain? Oh I know, it was to keep the free world population from flocking en masse to their paradise.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
A thin blue line separates the good guys from the animals.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Based upon the number of Somalis I saw at bus stops and car rental agencies last time I was there, NO.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, this proves you can't fix stupid.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Do you believe that we could ever have a city without police?”

Yes, yes I do.....

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Wait, maybe Minneapolis could do it, if they ran out of town everyone who wasn't a guilt-ridden Norwegian Lutheran! that means the Somalis, the Hmongs, the Native Americans, the Baptists, Most of the Catholics (the German Catholics could stay, but the Irish Catholics would have to go), anyone from anywhere outside Scandavia who isn't Lutheran, then they could maybe pull this off.
SARCASM SARCASM SARCASM

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strange and totally weird!

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
as a guilt-ridden Norwegian Lutheran, I resemble that remark!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
This type of idiocy is why I left there 25 years ago.

Same here. It's a darn shame too because the state has a ton to offer.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not smoke....anything, but I do think that if you would light up your pipe packed with the right "stuff" you might believe that you could live in peace with no police...but then isn't that called Heaven?
Heaven on earth is just a pipe dream, not gonna be reality.
Just like what happened on Sunday, evil exists in the world in people. Some can control some of it and some give in to it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post