SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig 516 , 49er player Foster ,30 rd mag in California
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 516 , 49er player Foster ,30 rd mag in California Login/Join 
posted
Recently a NFL player for San Francisco was arrested on suspicion of domestic abuse. Taken from him at that time was a Sig 516 and 30 round capacity magazines. Apparently this is all charges are being dismissed. The local reporter says the DA dismissed the magazine possession because the recent law banning the high capacity mags we legally possess was unconstitutional. That actually only applied to magazines we possessed in CA prior to the 1999 ban. Foster wad born in 1994. The Sig 516 was introduced in 2010. My question is did Foster, the NFL player possess those magazines when he was 5, for a rifle that wasn't even produced for another 11 years? Anyone have any insite as to what happened here.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even if he didn’t own the rifle, I doubt he was a CA resident in 1999 at age 5 buying 30 round mags. I have mags from the 90s for rifles and handguns I didn’t acquire until later but I knew one day I would dabble in Glocks and Sigs and Browning hi powers and M1A’s and AR rifles. The law is so fucked. But becuse he’s hi profile and can likely afford amazing legal defense, my guess is a local prosecutor dropped the assault weapon charges because it would either lose or lose on appeal. Can’t have that now can we. There’s plenty of guys in jail in CA for various assault weapon charges who rolled over and couldn’t afford good legal defense.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
He's also good at sportsball, and that's important. Everyone else can eat shit.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't the 516 accept regular AR style mags? When I lived in CA I routinely stockpiled magazines as the laws changed. Or the prosecution was ignorant. Or they favored an athlete. Or the prosecution doesn't believe in the law and nullified it.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
According to this article it will be dropped due to injunction against the law by a different court. He still is facing three felonies, including domestic abuse. He will likely never be able to buy a gun again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Already being discussed. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...760093044#5760093044

Yeah, he is being given special privilege because he is an NFL player. That must be why the government is still prosecuting him on domestic abuse when his girlfriend, the accuser, now says that she lied and actually got her injuries in a fight with another woman. Roll Eyes

I know that women who are being abused often lie about the abuse to protect their abusers but continuing prosecution even after the girlfriend says she lied about it sure as shit isn't the government giving him special treatment because he plays football.

Personally he seems like a piece of shit to me and it seems like the police have evidence to show that the girlfriend is lying now but I don't let the fact that he plays football distort my ability to read.

quote:
Case against 49ers' Foster to continue despite girlfriend's claims

April 27, 2018 08:14 AM

Updated April 27, 2018 11:59 AM

SANTA CLARA
Prosecutors will move forward with the domestic violence case against Reuben Foster despite his former girlfriend's claims that she lied about the incident and has a video to prove it.

Through her attorney, Elissa Ennis this week said she had made up the story about the 49ers linebacker having punched her and dragged her by her hair on Feb. 11, saying that the injuries she suffered were from a previous fight with a woman.

The Santa Clara County District Attorney's office has been given a video of the fight allegedly showing Ennis and another woman. Ennis said she was worried that Foster was trying to end their relationship and that she wanted to "trash" his career.

Prosecutors, however, have not been swayed.

They will continue with the case, in which the charges include an allegation that Foster inflicted great bodily injury – Ennis suffered a ruptured eardrum – forcefully attempted to prevent a victim from reporting a crime and was in possession of an assault weapon.

A hearing is set for Monday in San Jose.

Legal experts said it is far more difficult for prosecutors to win domestic violence cases without the cooperation of the alleged victim and they usually fall apart when the victim recants like Ennis has.

However, they may proceed if there is additional evidence, which the district attorney's office appears to have in this case. That includes a call to 911, hospital records and police photos.

The district attorney's office has said that Ennis flagged down a passing motorist to call police on the morning of Feb. 11 and it's possible that the driver of the vehicle could be called to testify.

Ennis may be compelled to testify, too. Victims of domestic violence can't be forced to take the stand. But if Ennis is saying she was not assaulted by Foster, she may not have that protection.

Foster has not been part of the 49ers' offseason workouts, and the team has said he will stay away until the case is resolved or there's a significant development. Jury selection is scheduled to begin in late July, though delays could push the trial into the NFL regular season.

Coach Kyle Shanahan on Thursday underscored the team's intent if Foster is found guilty.

"We can promise you guys, if there's someone who ever hits their significant other, girlfriends, some person like that, that person is not going to be on our team," he said. "I feel strongly about that. I know John (Lynch) does. I know our ownership does. That's how we feel about it."

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/n...rticle209975559.html

he didn't get out of the gun charge because he is an NFL player. He got out of it because it might be an unconstitutional law and because of an ongoing case about that prohibiting them from enforcing the law.

From Skins link:

quote:
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster will have a misdemeanor count of possession of a large capacity ammunition magazine dismissed later this month, the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office announced Monday.

A U.S. District Court judge in San Diego issued an injunction prohibiting enforcement of the misdemeanor ammunition charge. The DA’s office announced, in light of the injunction, it will ask Santa Clara County Superior Court to dismiss the misdemeanor charge against Foster at the next scheduled court date, April 30.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Does it matter? Regardless of whatever the local law may or may not do to him, the NFL will surely take their turn to screw him. In other words he may have done nothing, but he will suffer for it. Hope he made a bunch of money.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:The law is so fucked. But becuse he’s hi profile and can likely afford amazing legal defense, my guess is a local prosecutor dropped the assault weapon charges because it would either lose or lose on appeal. Can’t have that now can we. There’s plenty of guys in jail in CA for various assault weapon charges who rolled over and couldn’t afford good legal defense.

That's the crux of it. He's got a legal team that can bargain with the prosecution, 'drop XYZ charges and my client agrees to donate $X to charity and does X-ammount hours to the community service of your choice.' That community service will be a high profile organization or, a mayoral passion/legacy project.

The firearm charges was all because of possession, he wasn't using it or, brandishing it. My understanding it was in the closet however, upon arrest of domestic, police search the house and confiscate all firearms. "Opps, got us an 'assault weapon'! Where's the magazines for it? lookey here, a 30-round high-cap, you know you're in California right....where firearms laws are kinda screwy and ill-defined?"
Had a friend who went through a domestic call...wife called cops after their argument went over an hour, she had no idea how many wheels she put in-motion when she called the cops.
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Does it matter? Regardless of whatever the local law may or may not do to him, the NFL will surely take their turn to screw him. In other words he may have done nothing, but he will suffer for it. Hope he made a bunch of money.

His legal stupidity has cost him just about the entirety of his initial contract. Some guys learn, many don't.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post