SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, I had my reoccurring dream last night...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I had my reoccurring dream last night... Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I have a similar reoccurring dream where I am basically in school(never in one of my schools), just some random generic school, and I have to get to class, but I have no idea what class or where it is. All I know is that I have to be there, and I'm walking down hallway after hallway, then finally get into a class and have no clue what is going on in there.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the same dream of not knowing if I have attended a classthat I should have. The other reoccuring dream I haveis what I call my "show biz" dream.

Over the years I have done a lot of theater work as an actor, musician orchestral conductor and director. The dream that I have is that it about five p.m., the curtain goes up at 8 p.m. ........but I have never attended a rehearsal for the show! I have lived in fear of "going up" on my lines, but I don't even know what the show is and I'm on stage in three hours!

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a dream last year that involved me in 1997. I was in Korea, and working on a follow on assignment. I was on the phone with the Personnel Center at Randolph AFB ( I had to call at 9PM to 3AM local time to work with them). I got a reasonable assignment.

My dream involved me working the assignment, and really pissing off the guy working my assignment. Eventually my assignment came down. I was assigned to MCRD Parris Island---as a Marine recruit! Everyone I tried to contact about the orders said the same thing: "They're Orders. You have to obey orders". So my dream continued with me getting off the bus at Parris Island as a 35 year old USAF E-7 that REALLY didn't give a shit at that point.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still occasionally have the college class dream , similar to the ones already described ( I'm 62 ).....

This intrigues me... I think it reflects just how stressful college can be.... I suspect that is one of the reason's there is so much acting out in college....ie: wild parties , too much drinking and also drugs and sex.... Kids who aren't quite ready to handle the stress...?

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sjtill:
I have that dream, but it always takes place in school. That and I can't remember my locker combination.

Almost forgot that one. Had the forgotten locker combination dream like 20 or 30 times. No idea why something like that would be so traumatic. I don't think it ever happened for real, or maybe for just a second at the beginning of a semester.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16340 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
My only reoccurring dream.

I have this dream once or twice a year:

I'm back in college. The semester is ending and as I'm prepping for finals, I remember one class that I barely attended all semester. I attended a few classes at the beginning of the term but did not return for some unknown reason. I don't know why I didn't attend this class, I just didn't. I attended my other classes and feel prepared for their respective finals.

The neglected class is always a math class and I realize I will be completely lost and unprepared for the exam. I panic. I question my future and I wonder what my parents will think of me. I never take the exam. I never even reach the exam date and time before I wake up.

Mind you I'm 53 years old and haven't attended a class in over 30 years! I am a civil engineer and love and excelled in math.

What does this dream mean?

This is a common dream with Georgia Tech grads that I know. It may be a class that you thought you dropped or it may be that you just slept through the exam after a night of cramming, but the theme is similar. I had it once or twice pretty soon after graduating but not in a long time.

I have another recurring dream but I do not know what it is. I know it while I am dreaming it, but I do not remember the content when I awake.

Yep. Had it for 3-4 years after getting out 24 years ago, but not in quite some time.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
as your analyst I would have to ask, "while you are in this dream are you in your underwear or completely naked?"

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There was a great passage in Joseph Heller's Catch-22, in which Yossarian, who was trying to convince the shrink that he was crazy, claimed that he had a nightly recurring dream in which he was holding a live fish.
quote:

"Are you both crazy?" the doctor cried shrilly, backing away in paling confusion.

"Yes, he really is crazy, Doc," Dunbar assured him. "Every night he dreams he’s holding a live fish in his hands."

The doctor stopped in his tracks with a look of elegant amazement and distaste, and the ward grew still. "He does what?" he demanded.

"He dreams he"s holding a live fish in his hand."

"What kind of fish?" the doctor inquired sternly of Yossarian.

"I don’t know," Yossarian answered. "I can’t tell one kind of fish from another."

"In which hand do you hold them?"

"It varies," answered Yossarian.

"It varies with the fish," Dunbar added helpfully.

The colonel turned and stared down at Dunbar suspiciously with a narrow squint. "Yes? And how come you seem to know so much about it?"

“I’m in the dream," Dunbar answered without cracking a smile.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
as your analyst I would have to ask, "while you are in this dream are you in your underwear or completely naked?"

Regardless of the setting, I rarely ever have the "naked" dream.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm back in college. The semester is ending and as I'm prepping for finals, I remember one class that I barely attended all semester. I attended a few classes at the beginning of the term but did not return for some unknown reason. I don't know why I didn't attend this class, I just didn't. I attended my other classes and feel prepared for their respective finals.

The neglected class is always a math class and I realize I will be completely lost and unprepared for the exam. I panic. I question my future and I wonder what my parents will think of me. I never take the exam. I never even reach the exam date and time before I wake up.

Mind you I'm 53 years old and haven't attended a class in over 30 years! I am a civil engineer and love and excelled in math.

I have this dream! It is always that I did not complete one class and could not graduate. I am mid 50s as well. I also still have the dream of waiting tables and too many tables are seated and I can not get to everyone and diners are getting upset. I worked my way through college in restaurants.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dreaming about school happens a lot (although 30 yrs later is a bit of a stretchWink ). I had dreams about going back into the Army for years after I got out in 93. I think it has to do with a period in our lives when we are young and are brains are being used extensively and it makes a lasting impression. I heard one college grad having dreams he didn't finish school so he placed his graduation certificate on his nightstand so when he woke up it was the first thing he saw.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You ever wake up from a really good dream and hope you do have the same dream again?

Then it doesn't. Ever.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 57 and I still sometimes dream that I forgot to drop a class and have to take the final.

The past couple of years, I dream that I've had to go back to high school to pick up some additional courses, or I'll have my degrees taken away from me - but I can't find the classrooms.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
I have a similar dream as the OP from time to time...in college, end of the semester and for some reason I have attended 0 classes.

In some of the dreams, I can remember thinking "Why am I here? I've already graduated!" Which I have, both undergrad and MBA.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Dreams are the brain's garbage disposal. they are composed of random thoughts and images that the cerebral cortex makes a failed attempt at organizing into something coherent.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:

Welcome to my world. One reoccurring dream after another, usually involving situations just as you describe. It's an anxiety dream. There is anxiety in your life.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by callibird:
I have a similar dream as the OP from time to time...in college, end of the semester and for some reason I have attended 0 classes.

In some of the dreams, I can remember thinking "Why am I here? I've already graduated!" Which I have, both undergrad and MBA.

I have dreamt that variation many times myself... when I awake I have to consciously think "Yes, you have graduated...you already have two degrees... there is no class you need to pass, you're through with all of that." Takes me few minutes to calm down.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
For years after I finished my undergrad, I would dream that I never finished. That I was short of graduation. But of course I did and I even thought in my dream that if I did not do enough classes to graduate, wouldn't they have sent me a letter telling me so?

I haven't had that dream in quite a while.

I also have another dream where I fall from tops of buildings or other high places yet I always land softly.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My uncle who is now in his mid 80s used to laugh about the I went swimming in my Madenform commercials. I can now see how stupid they were, but they were an effective ad campaign in the fifties.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post