SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would you pay this medical bill ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you pay this medical bill ? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Give it to your son. Big Grin

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would you pay this medical bill ?

What bill?

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Ignore it.
You mention the "excellent insurance" you had at the time. I'm certain the insurance company paid the bill. If you want,you could contact the insurance company. Odds are the will still have records and, if (unlikely) it's a valid bill let the company deal with it.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. I was going to call their payment office today but after reading the advice I will not contact them. While it is not unusual for providers and insurance companies to get the billing wrong, have the wrong code etc.., 17 years later, I'll let them talk to each other.

My son graduated college 2 years ago as a computer engineer and has a nice paying job, but I don't believe we owe the money, and I won't ask him to pay even if it turned out we did.
In this case, silence is golden.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i see you response and agree

they are casting hooks into the sea to see who nibbles

nothing to gain IMO

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

One of the things that will restart the SOL is acknowledging the debt exists.

Please stop giving legal advice. Acknowledging the debt's existence doesn't "restart" the statute of limitations. (At least not in Texas, and I doubt this is the law elsewhere.) This subject, as many are, is a lot more complicated than laymen realize, but saying that acknowledging the debt will restart the statute is not accurate. It is possible to create a new obligation on which the statute hasn't run by some actions, but that isn't the same.

I generally agree that there is no need to respond, unless they are reporting this debt to credit agencies, but it isn't for this reason.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Thanks jhe. I've been reading your threads and post for a long time and respect the advice you have given out over the years.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post