SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jessica Tarlov's Comment
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jessica Tarlov's Comment Login/Join 
Picture of jtedescucci
posted
Jessica Tarlov (guest commentator) made the statement tonight on "Hannity" that there were FOUR quarters under the obama administration in which the GDP exceeded 4 percent. Caught me by surprise since I thought I was keeping up with that administration pretty well & I honestly don't remember that. Since the Sig Forum members are pretty politically astute (that's meant as a compliment), I pose this question to you: Do you remember what four quarters they were?

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
https://www.statista.com/stati...-real-gdp-in-the-us/

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If he did, they weren't four consecutive quarters. Obama never achieved even 3% GDP for a full year during his 8 years in the Oval Office. He is the only President to have never achieved such growth.

Tarlov is a propagandist.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Tarlov is a propagandist >>>>>>>>Smoking Fucking Dope.<<<<<<<.

FIFY

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Tarlov is a propagandist >>>>>>>>Smoking Fucking Dope.<<<<<<<.

FIFY

It probably helps her lie with a straight face.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liberal, progressive democrat BS, lies and distortions. Why would you expect anything else?

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
First, one would have to determine what numbers she's talking about. Virtually every quarter of the Obamination administration, reported GDP for the quarter was 'revised' in the following quarter and corrected downward, most of the time significantly. Basically their numbers were total BS.

Look, Tarlov trying to convince us the Barry O economy was just peachy keen and comparable to what we're seeing now is like trying to convince us dog crap really doesn't smell. She can say it, but we all know she's full of it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Maybe she's counting the four he was responsible during Trump's first four years (she's "forecasting" - which is a technical economics term which republicans do not know the correct definition of)?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jtedescucci:
Jessica Tarlov (guest commentator) made the statement tonight on "Hannity" that there were FOUR quarters under the obama administration in which the GDP exceeded 4 percent. Caught me by surprise since I thought I was keeping up with that administration pretty well & I honestly don't remember that. Since the Sig Forum members are pretty politically astute (that's meant as a compliment), I pose this question to you: Do you remember what four quarters they were?

Question is, what did Hannity counter that with?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Lie is about all they can do to make obama sound like he was worth a shit. After his famous comment about Trump and magic wand - he pretty much looks like a dumb ass. Remember his laser focus on shovel ready jobs? Ha, what a loser, shovels were needed for all his bull shit.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Nothing, and this is how these liars get away with it. I was hollering "BULLLLLSHITTTTTT!!!!" at the television, but I'm guessing Hannity just didn't know for sure and decided not to call out the bitch. I didn't watch the whole show, so I don't know if he did a correction/callout after the segment or not.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

Nothing, and this is how these liars get away with it. I was hollering "BULLLLLSHITTTTTT!!!!" at the television, but I'm guessing Hannity just didn't know for sure and decided not to call out the bitch. I didn't watch the whole show, so I don't know if he did a correction/callout after the segment or not.

I knew it. Did not his homework. Fucking weak.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I cannot stand her voice, let alone her idiotic comments. When she comes on Fox I change the channel. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
18DAI, I thought I was the only one that can not stand her voice. I too mute her and do something else until she is gone.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That data seems to corroborate her statement. Is there a credible counter ?
(Not defending Obama, just looking for the facts.)

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as Fox News 'pundits' are concerned, she generates a vomit-reflex second only to the one that Juan Williams gives me.

Can't watch, listen to or look at either.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I knew it. Did not his homework. Fucking weak.

Don't expect even an expert to know every detail, especially when it's being presented (interpreted) by your opponent. Hannity knows Trump's successes and Obama's failures, and personally I don't think Obama could get credit for anything like a good economic period, short and erratic as it may have been.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Only 3 were over four percent were during obama’s Term the last one is in 2018, which is Trump’s.

So even that shows she’s a liar.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The graph started with 1st Quarter 2011, Obama started in 2009.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
quote:

(Not defending Obama, just looking for the facts.)

It really doesn’t matter. Statistics are mostly nonsense designed to soothe with the aura of definitive certainty, and are incomplete and artificial nonsense, except government statistics which are complete nonsense seasonally adjusted.

Everyone knows that 67.3% of statistics are misleading and the rest flat wrong.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post