SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thumbs up for Surefire!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thumbs up for Surefire! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Got a Surefire X300U-B NIB a while ago. Never been really used except for switching between guns. Last evening, I was switching it onto one of my SBR ARs, and in the process of tightening it, the screw snapped in two. Emailed Surefire with the pics, and just now received a reply saying a replacement is on the way. That's no excuse customer service. Love it.

Man, the screw must have been defective somehow. Because I've had Surefire and Streamlight and never had this problem.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah they did the same for me, but my screw wasn't defective, I just went a turn too far. I even told them that I overtightened it and I had a replacement screw in short order (that was all I needed to fix it).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Stop juicing! it will shrink your balls up too.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Screws that are plated are at risk of hydrogen embrittlement. Cracks propagate, and torque creates failures.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post