SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    300yd range around DFW?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300yd range around DFW? Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
Now that I am home I need to find range that has at least a 200yd range...300 would be better, also if I can shoot prone or kneeling it would be nice as well. The one thing I miss about PHX is Ben Avery, it was a well run 200yd range in my opinion.

There's on up by my lease around Wolfe City but I read some odd things about the management...

Don't mind a membership based range if it is nice.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just use your 4 iron. Razz

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Where in DFW? And do you mind driving?

This is my home range, but it's out NW of Weatherford, might be a bit far if you're near Wolfe City. Rifle out to 250 yds, prone and kneeling no issue. Skeep/Trap, pistol and a steel range. I love the place.

Parker County Sportsman Club

Down south of Dallas is Texas Defensive Shooting Academy, a buddy is a member down there. It's more of a tactical setup with multiple bays and a rifle range to 300 yds. I don't think you can shoot prone/kneeling though. If you watch any of the Colion Noir videos he's often out there shooting. Big bales of bundled tires serve as the berms/partitions between the bays. The only thing I will say negative about the range is that it's down in the Trinity River flood plain, which makes it prone to being wet. Even worse, the owner dug down further to get dirt for his berms, so any amount of recent moisture results in a muddy (and I mean awful) mess. He has all sorts of drainage ditches and Harbor Freight pumps setup to try to alleviate the problem, but it's a loosing battle.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Just use your 4 iron. Razz

Good point, I have a par 4 behind the house.....gotta be at least 300

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Where in DFW? And do you mind driving?

This is my home range, but it's out NW of Weatherford, might be a bit far if you're near Wolfe City. Rifle out to 250 yds, prone and kneeling no issue. Skeep/Trap, pistol and a steel range. I love the place.

Parker County Sportsman Club

Down south of Dallas is Texas Defensive Shooting Academy, a buddy is a member down there. It's more of a tactical setup with multiple bays and a rifle range to 300 yds. I don't think you can shoot prone/kneeling though. If you watch any of the Colion Noir videos he's often out there shooting. Big bales of bundled tires serve as the berms/partitions between the bays. The only thing I will say negative about the range is that it's down in the Trinity River flood plain, which makes it prone to being wet. Even worse, the owner dug down further to get dirt for his berms, so any amount of recent moisture results in a muddy (and I mean awful) mess. He has all sorts of drainage ditches and Harbor Freight pumps setup to try to alleviate the problem, but it's a loosing battle.

Might try TDSA, Weatherford is 70 miles....a bit far

posted Hide Post
There's a decent 200yd range on Lawson rd south of 78 in Mesquite. A much better one will hopefully open back up right up the street with ranges out to 600........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My buddy is a member of a range south of DFW near Waxahachie that has a 1200 m range. I think it's members only.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
My buddy is a member of a range south of DFW near Waxahachie that has a 1200 m range. I think it's members only.

More than likely ETTS, similar to TDSA but a better setup all around. The yearly individual membership fee reflects that. Eek

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

More than likely ETTS, similar to TDSA but a better setup all around. The yearly individual membership fee reflects that. Eek
Yes, that's the one.

We have an indoor range near me (indoor only) that is $350 initiation plus $40 per month for an individual shooter.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
email sent on TDSA option

Posts: 376 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
TDSA was originally started by a guy I used to shoot USPSA matches with at TargetMaster indoor range (he also shot elsewhere). My initial CHL class was held at that range, and a couple of renewals, too. It is true that water can be a problem there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post