SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Because the folks at SigForum know everything - garage door help needed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Because the folks at SigForum know everything - garage door help needed Login/Join 
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Chance,

Sorry for the delay, I couldn't find the picture last night but it was right where I thought it was this morning...

In the picture the red circle is the gear that wore out on mine. The blue stuff is electrical tape I wrapped on one of the gears to give some friction until I got my new limit switch assembly.

The orange circles are the adjustments for the limit switches which have contacts on them. One for up, one for down. The shaft in the middle is moved as the garage door moves, and also has a contact on it. All of them have wires attached that lead back to a PC board. When it makes contact at either end it stops.

What happened with mine is that the gear would mesh one way, but not the other, and the more I moved it back and forth the more out of whack it got until the whole thing was jammed. I then had to undo the chain to relieve the tension and redo the range of motion. If you haven't got it jammed already you can probably just do the tape trick and it will be OK until you get a replacement assembly.

If you have specific questions or what not my email is in my profile.

If you're having the same problem I had you'll see what it's doing once you take the cover off.

Thanks very much for posting that. Unfortunately the horses decided to take down some of their fencing so I am bogged down with that at the moment. Probably tackle this over the weekend. Thanks for offering to provide some guidance!

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post