SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kentucky rewards 7-6 football team with rings after losing - yes, losing - TaxSlayer Bowl
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kentucky rewards 7-6 football team with rings after losing - yes, losing - TaxSlayer Bowl Login/Join 
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
It was just announced the Oklahoma State team's rings has 11-2 for their season record....rather than 10-3. It is their way of righting what they felt was a wrong ref decision that resulted in them losing on a game ending play the other team shouldn't have been allowed to play.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't the Cleveland Indians have rings made AND a ceremony at the stadium for the 2016 season...the season in which they LOST a three game lead in the World Series to the Chicago Cub? Why would any player want to have such a perpetual reminder of that fateful series...?

Rings are pretty common for college teams that have won their conference, bowl or tournaments, if anything, it's a valuable memento, unfortunately some schools take it a bit too far. Public ceremonies and awarding of participation rings are pretty pathetic.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post