SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kentucky rewards 7-6 football team with rings after losing - yes, losing - TaxSlayer Bowl
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kentucky rewards 7-6 football team with rings after losing - yes, losing - TaxSlayer Bowl Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted

http://www.al.com/sports/index...l#incart_river_index

You know that whole "everybody gets a trophy" debate?

It may have just entered a whole new realm.

The Kentucky Wildcats, who finished last season with a 7-6 season and a 33-18 loss to Georgia Tech in the TaxSlayer Bowl, got themselves some rings.

The Wildcats haven't won a bowl game since the Liberty Bowl in January of 2009, a 25-19 win over East Carolina. In fact, Kentucky's last bowl appearance was the BBVA Compass Bowl in January of 2011, a 27-10 loss to Pittsburgh.

The ring also commemorates Kentucky's 41-38 win over then-No. 11 Louisville and the Governor's Cup Trophy.

Let the debate begin.

If the response on social media is any indication, the rings might have been just a bit too much.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Pathetic.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
What the hell? What a waste of money. What would the get if they actually won something?

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
Pathetic.

Succinctly and accurately stated.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
For years I have unsuccessfully advocated that the NCAA needs to add one more college bowl.

This bowl would invite the two worst teams in the nation.

The loser of this bowl game would win the trophy/rings/etc. along with the title of the "Absolute Worst College Team in the Nation."

Of course, the name of this bowl would be the "Toilet Bowl."

The NCAA should have no problem signing up sponsors. There are many companies that make and sell bathroom/commode cleaning products who should jump at the opportunity to sponsor the "Toilet Bowl!"

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
For years I have unsuccessfully advocated that the NCAA needs to add one more college bowl.

I guess your jealous cause Ga Tech did't get rings?? Of course a good number of your graduates might actually get engineering jobs and thus earn accolades in the future. Not so sure about Kentucky players.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the team members feel about this. Will they WANT to wear a reminder that they lost?

I wouldn't want to, but I guess the snowflakes would probably wear them with pride, I imagine.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Come on. Surely any random moron, even one in KY, could see how this would play...

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
seems like trolling from a rich alumn or something.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

I guess your jealous cause Ga Tech did't get rings?? Of course a good number of your graduates might actually get engineering jobs and thus earn accolades in the future. Not so sure about Kentucky players.

Nope, don't care about that. All I need to be happy is to beat the Georgia Bulldogs! Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
UK Athletics are a joke. Neither football or basketball has had a serious program in 15-20 years.

But, the followers of the Big Blue are loyal. I know some guys that live, eat, and breath anything that UK Athletics does. I gave up watching 20 years ago.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Wonder what the team members feel about this. Will they WANT to wear a reminder that they lost?

I wouldn't want to, but I guess the snowflakes would probably wear them with pride, I imagine.

This.

That ring would be in the pawn shop as soon as I could get there and the proceeds would be going to hookers and blow that night.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
UK Athletics are a joke. Neither football or basketball has had a serious program in 15-20 years.

But, the followers of the Big Blue are loyal. I know some guys that live, eat, and breath anything that UK Athletics does. I gave up watching 20 years ago.

You have no (and I emphasize NO) earthly idea what you are talking about. Especially the basketball part. Dude, come on.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
quote:

You have no (and I emphasize NO) earthly idea what you are talking about. Especially the basketball part. Dude, come on.

Yeah, I'll have to go with whatever. (no offense). I heard the exact same things when Tubby Smith was running the show. (again, no offense to you).

The one thing UK basketball has done really well in the last years is putting NCAA Championship T shirts on third world country children. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its a common thing, not just UK, but of course plenty of folks pile on one University when they have no knowledge of the practice nationwide, regardless of conference.

As for JLJones forgive him, he must be a Murray State or WKY fan, maybe a Cards Fan you know L1C4 or whatever the hookers taught them, I guess decades of being a fan for someone who never winning anything makes you kind of, well, ornery.. Big Grin

Go Big Blue,

So some examples of rings for teams that didn't win a championship or bowl, or a participation ring are below. Sorry for the giant FSU ring, but hey, they made them extra large for winning two games against the Gayturs and Hurrycin's LOL

Ol Miss for it's bowl game

FSU State Champs yep a ring for beating the two instate rivals.

Louisville 2016 participation ring

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
quote:

Yeah, I'll have to go with whatever. (no offense). I heard the exact same things when Tubby Smith was running the show. (again, no offense to you).

Two national championships, one runner up, five final four appearances, ELEVEN SEC championships, and ten times regular season SEC champions. Please tell me where the joke lies in all of that, or show us the multitude of other teams that have done better.

--------------------

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Two championships? I only count one (unless I'm missing something other than 2012). '96 and '98 were won with a team that Pitino built. Cameron Mills and the gang won 1998 on a team built by Pitino. If you read some of the things that were written since those days, they won in 1998 despite Smith's attempts otherwise.

As to their current performance, if you are looking for someone to come in second or worse on the national stage, GO BIG BLUE!!! And as it isn't as bad as the Joe B. Hall days, the reported scandals and whispers of NCAA violations have cropped back up in recent years.

(nah, I'm not a Racer, Cardinal, or Hilltopper fan Big Grin )

www.opspectraining.com

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
yeah yeah I smell cardinal poontang.....

Please don't tell me you are a Bobby $*#&$%&^ Knight fan LOL

Yep One National Championship in 2012, a 38-1 season, lots of SEC championships, tons of kids from poor areas in the NBA making it big, no not all are from other countries, Big Blue Nation is rolling/

At least UK has its kids attend real classes
unlike UNC which should have been hit with the death penalty for 15 years of fake class enrollments for UNC athletes, fake grades all by one group of administrators (you can't hide it for 15 years and say nobody knew)

Or worse, UofL having hookers n blow parties for players and recruits in the players dorms, I'm thinking JHE was running that show for PieTeener...

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two championships? I only count one (unless I'm missing something other than 2012). '96 and '98 were won with a team that Pitino built. Cameron Mills and the gang won 1998 on a team built by Pitino. If you read some of the things that were written since those days, they won in 1998 despite Smith's attempts otherwise.

As to their current performance, if you are looking for someone to come in second or worse on the national stage, GO BIG BLUE!!! And as it isn't as bad as the Joe B. Hall days, the reported scandals and whispers of NCAA violations have cropped back up in recent years.

(nah, I'm not a Racer, Cardinal, or Hilltopper fan Big Grin )

1998, 2012. That's two championships in the last 20 years. I don't understand what you even mean by the last part of your statement (in the FIRST paragraph). But between the years 1997 and 2017, they won two national championships.

See you at the next Dream game Wink

--------------------

posted Hide Post
They're Jostens Class Rings right? Same junk they've been pimping for years.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post