SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lindsey Vonn suffers back injury in World Cup race after Trump comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lindsey Vonn suffers back injury in World Cup race after Trump comments Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"As a ________, I have a voice."

I guess you can just fill in whatever, since anything you said would make as much sense as saying that you have a voice because you're an athlete. Roll Eyes

"As a hockeypuck, I have a voice."

It's times like this I miss Don Rickles. Cool

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
If she recovers and is able to perform well in the Olympics, it will be quite an accomplishment, and put an exclamation point on an incredible career.
Spanning the globe!!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qJwNMaYNMrw" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

What in tha Wide Wide World a Sports is a-goin' on here?

Ag o knee uf da feet

I suffer from that

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hey, does anyone remember Bump Bailey? Gosh, I hope ol' Linds doesn't go crashing through a wall at 70 mph. That would be terrible. Smile

SPANNING THE GLOBE!!!

Becuase she's an athlete, dammit, and as an athlete, she has athlete's foot. Natch!!

No, seriously- I have the UTMOST respect for what's her-her-name, 'coz she's an olymbic afflete. I am so freaking impressed, she gets a pass, oh yes she does!

OK, sorry, no, that's a lie. Time to span the globe, Linds. Somebody, call 911. Eventually.

GO GET 'EM, LINDS!!

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy rational discussions. Be they at room temperature, lukewarm or full-blast heated.

Discussions that are merely emotionally-charged I find entertaining. The more subjectively infused they become, the more I turn cynical.

But I go into sarcastic mode when I feel I am being lectured by individuals who are either, the least qualified or the least knowledgeable about a particular subject matter. They usually forget the Prime Directive, "Shoemaker, tend to your shoes".

More and more we see, hear, or read about people unqualified to make judgment calls based on rationalities, rather than emotions. It comes awfully close to this way of thinking:

"I'm a Democrat"
"Trump is a Republican"
"Trump, therefore, bad"

The world is filled with them. Such profound thinking, depth of perception, sharpness of acumen I can tolerate. To a certain point.

Then it becomes humorous. I like humor. It makes me dehumanize them. But they brought it unto themselves.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vonn showed her great judgment and intellect when she hooked up with Tiger Woods. So no real surprise here when she puts her foot firmly in her pie hole.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That song accompanying those crashes was excellent!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have forgiven her and would help her in her time of need, in person ,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't give a shit what she's done in the Olympics or how well she skis. I could not possibly care any less about that stuff and I am not impressed.

When we talk about these athletes "bringing home the Gold for the US"...

Sorry, no.

Who gets paid the money for the endorsements? The individual athlete.

Who owns the medal(s)? The United States, or the individual athlete? You know the answer.

Who is exalted after these victories? Who goes on the talk shows and gets money for endorsements and the million other perks that go with this actually meaningless stuff like freaking skiing well?

They are in it for themselves. Period. They don't care about representing this country, and the last thing I want to hear is some stupid, pampered jock acting as if they are the voice of the American people. I'm indifferent to these self-important people doing their meaningless shit, until they start using their celebrity to publicly criticize the man who kept Hillary Clinton out of the White House.

I hope that the next time she gets onto skis, she breaks her freaking neck. Honestly, I do.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I’m a fan of ski racing, but turned off Lindsey when she started up with Tiger. Poor judgement.

This latest is the continuation of the downward spiral.

Watch Mikaela Shiffrin if you want to cheer for a great American skier. Leading the FIS overall, winning in both her usual slalom, and this year in downhill too...

Yes, Mikaela is the real deal. Lindsay wishes she was as good, in her so called prime years as Ms. Mikaela.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the empty-headed bitch is getting the message.

Lindsey Vonn on backlash to her Trump comments: Some 'hoping I break my neck'

That's right, shnookums, and I damn well mean it, too. Like a twig, Linds. Just like a little ol' twig.

'coz, you know, as a website admin, I have a voice. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
"I want our country to continue to be a symbol of hope, compassion, inclusion and world unity. My travels around the world have recently made clear that this is no longer how people view the United States. You cannot pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV in Europe without noticing how people are questioning our direction."

May I suggest Venezuela? I hear Angel Falls is a great spot to go skiing.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't even begin to describe the contempt I have for this stupid hole.

SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
You cannot pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV in Europe without noticing how people are questioning our direction.

And why do you suppose that is Poopsie? May have something to do with the vitriol spouted by the MSM, snowflake academia and self-righteous folks like yourself and Mr. Take-A-Knee.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't even believe that shit. Not for one second. Look at how foreign leaders have treated President Trump.

It's nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of this loudmouth.

If she really wanted to represent this nation, she'd keep her fucking mouth shut about politics. 60 million people in this nation voted for Donald Trump, you stupid bim.

You can see that she's a liar.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"We need to find a way to put aside our differences and find common ground in communicating."

Says the woman who, without prompting, brought her politics into the Olympics.

Hypocrite.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:

Hawking is correct, I hope he was looking in the mirror when he said that.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
"We need to find a way to put aside our differences and find common ground in communicating."

Says the woman who, without prompting, brought her politics into the Olympics....

Translated, "you need to listen to me". Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope he was looking in the mirror when he said that.

Big Grin

Yet, he's a good man.

ETA: Can't blame him considering that he's a string theorist. In this computer-simulated world we live in it's probably a glitch in the software.

There's a patch for that but it seems that he hasn't updated his program.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jehzsa,