SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lindsey Vonn suffers back injury in World Cup race after Trump comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lindsey Vonn suffers back injury in World Cup race after Trump comments Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
She’s about 8 years past her skiing prime and I don’t see her being viable in 2022. My bet is she is a NBC announcer for skiing in the not too distant future. She better save that endorsement money she wont be able to trade on her looks much longer

8-years?!? let's not get carried away here. She's had a few major injuries however, she's still the dominant skier in downhill and super-G, while posting podium finishes the last two seasons. She's a self-centered bitch, who turns off her teammates, pisses-off her coaches and now has turned-off half the country. Mikaela Shiffrin will be taking her crown and the spotlight shortly, while Vonn wonders what-to-do with the rest of her life.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
I understand. I have bouts with low back pain, and leg problems. All related.

The point is schadenfreude. Well-deserved schadenfreude. Coincidental? Perhaps. Karmic? Now there's a nice little thought!

Because you disagree with her political views? Funny: I thought you were a Christian. Must have you mixed up with somebody else.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ON the TV show Maude Bea Arthur had a trademark phrase, "God will get you for that".

My thought is Ditto and Ha Ha, told you so.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5646 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I presume she has blamed her injury on President Trump. BTW and FWIW, I'm not celebrating her injury--I don't do that.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Because you disagree with her political views? Funny: I thought you were a Christian. Must have you mixed up with somebody else.

Roll Eyes

Classy....

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The point is schadenfreude. Well-deserved schadenfreude. Coincidental? Perhaps. Karmic? Now there's a nice little thought!

It's hardly a simple disagreement over political views. She's disrespecting the office of the Presidency and in turn her country.

I despised Obama about as much as anyone possibly could, yet if I were an Olympic athlete representing my country and was invited to the White House while he was President, there wouldn't even be a second's hesitation that I would accept.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's OK. I rely on John Paul III's renowned Papal Bull 'Incompatibilitus et Schadenfreuditis Mundi in Orbi'. It soothes my conscience.

Hey, there's no Bull like a Papal Bull.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"As a ________, I have a voice."

I guess you can just fill in whatever, since anything you said would make as much sense as saying that you have a voice because you're an athlete. Roll Eyes

"As a hockeypuck, I have a voice."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I support her right to have an opinion and to speak it--everyone has that. I do not support that anyone has to give her a podium.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I support her right to have an opinion and to speak it--everyone has that. I do not support that anyone has to give her a podium.

Well, these 'celebrities' have long since figured that their fame gives THEIR opinions more validity than those of us 'lower people.' It's simple arrogance, and is really nothing new (remember all the pin-head celebs back in the Bush Jr years that were spouting off about politics every single day?).

She's yet another idiot with an inflated sense of self-worth.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21842 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ooooo, the OLYMPICS and the People who PLAY THE GAMES.

So Important, So chic, So IN.

Fuck her.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'll be happy if she does not participate in the upcoming Olympics.
Don't much care if she simply chooses not to or is raped to death by rabid koala bears.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
LV is the greatest female skier ever, and was sneaking up on the world cup wins records of the greatest skiers of all time. Her skiing is off now, and possibly her career has peaked. Her political chip on her shoulder likely isn't helping. Nobody with a weak mind or constitution can do what she has done, few could endure the hours of training she has, the pain and injuries she has overcome, and the bravery required to point them downhill and go.

I suspect she is done, but the Olympics does strange things to ski racers who do things to get a medal they might not do in other races. If she recovers and is able to perform well in the Olympics, it will be quite an accomplishment, and put an exclamation point on an incredible career.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

She's still a giant douche. . .

I hope she misses these Olympics. I'm sick of libs constantly politicizing EVERYTHING (this is what bothers me about the nfl kneelers more than anything else), and it's time these retards realize there is a price to pay for this crap.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21842 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I can guarantee-fuckin'-tee you that the way my back hurts right now, she could call me a low down, high smellin' Hillary Clinton supporter and I still wouldn't wish a screwed up back on her.

I hurt.

A lot.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
If she recovers and is able to perform well in the Olympics, it will be quite an accomplishment, and put an exclamation point on an incredible career.
Spanning the globe!!

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
If she recovers and is able to perform well in the Olympics, it will be quite an accomplishment, and put an exclamation point on an incredible career.
Spanning the globe!!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qJwNMaYNMrw" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

What in tha Wide Wide World a Sports is a-goin' on here?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Spanning the globe!!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qJwNMaYNMrw" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

What in tha Wide Wide World a Sports is a-goin' on here?

Ag o knee uf da feet

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I used to watch Wide World of Sports when I was a kid growing up

Jim McKay

when sports were really about sports (or maybe I was just too young to know the difference)

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baby Jesus wouldn't do that.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post